DEM Solutions are market leaders in engineering simulation software for the design and optimisation of bulk material handling and processing equipment.
Salary £18,000 per annum (pro rata)
Full-time for 6 months
DEM Solutions EDEM® software platform is used by leading companies in industry as well as for research at over 200 academic institutions worldwide as part of the EDEM Academic Partner Program (EAPP). DEM Solutions are looking for an intern to help grow this program, expand the EDEM user community and help them get closer to their academic customers and alumni.
You will be supporting the marketing activities within the academic market, including:
• Collating data on research developments of academic customers
• Maintaining the Research Spotlights section of the website
• Assisting in generating new academic sales leads
• Setting up email campaigns and monitoring results
• Planning and executing webinars
• Promoting and managing the EDEM Academic Alumni Association, planning new initiatives to engage members
In addition you will be involved with:
• Updating the DEM Literature Database
• Maintaining EDEM User Forum and Website Events Calendar
• Supporting social media activities
• Updating customer databases
• Managing subscribers to EDEM eLearning platform
• Updating website content
• Any other duties related to the role
The successful applicant will be educated to degree level, ideally with a background in business management, sales and/or marketing. You should have strong IT skills, and preferably experience of working with a customer relationship management (CRM) system. You will be proficient in database management and possess strong analytical skills. Knowledge of WordPress and/or basic HTML would be highly beneficial.
The following soft skills are also essential for this role:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to plan, multitask and prioritise as needed
• Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently
• Good attention to detail
Closing date for applications is 3 September 2015, 5pm
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. demonstrate how you meet the requirements of the post. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.