Start date: 3 April 2017
Closing date: 9 March 2017, noon
About the Company
Perth & Kinross Council is a large, diverse organisation which works for the benefit of all the citizens and communities of the area.
The Council delivers or facilitates a wide range of services which impact on almost every aspect of people's lives, at every stage of their lives, including education, roads, housing, care for vulnerable people, parks, street cleansing, economic development and refuse collection.
Are you a recent Architectural graduate who is passionate about architecture and are keen to gain experience working on a real housing development? Perth and Kinross Council are looking for a creative and enthusiastic individual to join their Housing Improvement and Maintenance team to focus on the development and modernisation of the housing stock in the area. You will be working closely with the Housing Projects Team Leader as a technical advisor covering a range of architectural and construction issues, gaining tangible, real world experience in the field, including elements of building design, maintenance, resource management and surveying.
Key tasks are likely to include but not be restricted to:
• Assist the Team Lewder (Housing Projects) in developing and managing the Council’s New-Build Housing Programme
• Process day to day correspondence relating to projects allocated and monitor performance of external consultants and design team members
• Effective management of programmes on site to ensure that they are compliant with Health & Safety legislation and Construction Design (CDM) regulations
• Provide professional advice on matters relating to construction and design
• Provide design, technical and procurement advice and support the Council’s front line services on issues including briefing and design development, option appraisals, feasibility studies, procurement options, quality control etc.
•Contribute to a culture of research and development in construction, specification and procurement issues and encourage innovation
• Promote and embrace appropriate national initiatives such as Sustainable Construction
• Assist in the development and implementation of consistent design, technical and specification standards.
• Ensure the implementation of good/best practice principals in all aspects of construction design and procurement.
For Perth & Kinross Council’s full job profile document, click here.
This role is open to graduates with an appropriate level for the post (eg honours degree level) with an appropriate property related professional qualification relevant to the post (eg RIBA Part III or equivalent professional qualification in Architecture).
The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail, with an ability to carry out a range of tasks whilst keeping calm under pressure and meeting tight deadlines. You will have an understanding of the expectations relating to corporate governance / departmental policies and procedures, as well as taking responsibility to design, organise and administer contracts with minimal supervision. An approachable and professional demeanour is required as this role will include consistent interaction with customers, partners, staff and senior management.
Closing date for applications 9 March 2017, noon.
Interviews will be held on 23 March 2017.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.