St Andrews is a former Royal Burgh on the east coast of Fife in Scotland. To help the process of continuous improvement in a vibrant economy, local businesses have decided to promote the introduction of a Business Improvement District (BID) for St Andrews and surrounding areas.
Location: St Andrews
£7.85 per hour. Part-time for 12 weeks.
As a BID intern with St Andrews Business Improvement District (BID) your main duties will include:
• Assisting the BID Co-ordinator with administration tasks.
• Assisting in identifying opportunities to assist the BID Steering Group and Co-ordinator
• Updating website, and other social media channels.
• Assisting with the production of regular newsletters and communications.
• Assisting in the planning and research of events throughout the calendar year.
• Co-ordinating and deliver events in close liaison with the BID Co-ordinator.
• Co-ordinating and maintain strong working relationships with local businesses and key stakeholders.
• Assisting with updating and maintaining the business database
• Assisting with survey information input and analysis
• Undertaking any other duties that may be reasonably required.
(This role is on a self-employed basis. Please note that you will be invoicing Adopt an Intern as a freelance/consultant. This is a very simple, uncomplicated process. You will also be advised to register as self-employed with HMRC if you are not already registered. Please note, students in Scotland on a Tier 4 Visa are not permitted to be self-employed and therefore will not be considered for this role.)
The ideal intern will be a keen and quick learner who works well on their own and as part of a small team. You should be educated to degree level with a background or interest in economic development, business studies, management, marketing and/or events.
You must have strong IT skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office, and some experience of working with Mail Chimp and Survey Monkey. Experience of creating and maintaining websites and social media presence would be highly desirable. You will be a good communicator with a pleasant telephone manner and the ability to take messages accurately. You should be able to demonstrate good attendance and timekeeping. You must have an attitude and aptitude which reflects a good attention to detail - as accuracy will be required when inputting and checking data.
Closing date for applications is 21 January 2015, 5pm.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. How you meet the requirements of the job specification. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.