Eileen Gatt Jewellery create pieces that portray an element of fantasy which in turn bring ancient myths into our modern world.
Location: Home-based with visits to Ross-shire in the Highlands
£7.85 per hour. Part-time, 20 hours per week for 12 weeks
Eileen Gatt was awarded a Creative Development Grant by the Scottish Arts Council to produce a new collection of work inspired by Scottish folklore. She collaborated with three Highland storytellers and has used their stories together with other Scottish customs as a starting point for her new designs.
Eileen is now looking to recruit a Brand Development Intern to work alongside her. In this role you will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
• Website launch; uploading and maintaining new website, researching ‘global-friendly’ site
• PR; distributing press releases, researching and contacting publications, securing articles and interviews
• Innovation project; assisting in the branding and launch of our new gold wedding ring project funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise
• Social media; establishing and maintaining Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter accounts
• Online shops; uploading products and info to our online shop-fronts (Damson, Not on the High Street, Etsy etc)
• Admin; streamlining accounts, establishing client management system with invoicing software
• Research; new routes to market, cruise ship opportunities, Arctic-related business opportunities, Japanese market, Scandinavian market, wedding fairs, Amazon sales possibilities
(This role is on a self-employed basis. Please note that you will be invoicing Adopt an Intern as a freelance/consultant. This is a very simple, uncomplicated process. You will also be advised to register as self-employed with HMRC if you are not already registered. Please note, students in Scotland on a Tier 4 Visa are not permitted to be self-employed and therefore will not be considered for this role.)
The ideal graduate will be educated to degree level with a background in marketing and/or PR. You will have strong communication skills and a high level of social media knowledge. IT literate you will have admin experience and be skilled in Microsoft Office (including Excel) and Wordpress.
You will be highly organised with good time management and prioritisation skills. You will be creative and flexible and ready to take on new and exciting projects. Self-motivated you will be happy and productive working from home.
Closing date for applications is 12 April 2015, 5pm
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
This Adopt an Intern funded internship has been made possible through the financial support of the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) with match funding from the Scottish Government. It is part of a "Business Growth Programme" supporting the third sector, micro businesses and SMEs and contributes to our wider focus of boosting economic stability by investing in graduates. These are paid, meaningful, capacity-building internships, with monitored outcomes.