InclusIQ are a young company with ambitious growth plans. They are developing cutting edge interactive games, which will help managers better handle tricky conversations with colleagues.
£7.85 per hour. Part-time, 20 hours per week for 12 weeks
April start date
You might have heard the saying ‘people leave bosses, not jobs’. Too often, great people leave their jobs because they don’t feel valued, understood or that the work they’re doing makes a difference. The InclusIQ Institute believe that if they can make tough conversations, particularly around diversity and inclusion issues, easier for people, they can create more honest, transparent and empathetic workplaces. The work they do seeks to change the way people communicate, one difficult conversation at a time.
InclusIQ are looking for a graduate passionate about making a difference in the way people communicate to join their team as a Business Development and Market Research Intern. In this role your main responsibilities will fall within 2 areas:
1. Preparation of Book for Publication and Speaking Circuit Plan
You will work closely with the Founder as she works on her third book, a follow-up to her previous titles, focusing on engaging men with inclusive leadership practices, and creating a corresponding TED style presentation. To help in this aim, your responsibilities would include:
• Compiling notes and research on the topic.
• Editing early drafts of the book.
• Organising interviews with potential contributors to the book.
• Devising a new marketing plan for speaking engagements.
• Contacting conference organisers, corporate diversity networks and other
bodies where speakers are needed for events on these topics.
• Overseeing commissioned survey of professional men on their attitudes
• Editing a corresponding video to be used as promotional material.
• Helping devise initial PR plans and press release for the book publication
and serious games roll-out.
2. Ongoing Market Research & Engagement
You will be working with those in the Business Development team to help fulfil their market research and strategy needs, likely tasks would include, but are not limited to:
• Management of database of current and potential corporate clients for both speaking and serious games.
• Management of engagement with potential clients through LinkedIn contacts and newsletter subscribers.
• Identification of potential clients for e-learning simulations (ie. based on historical spend on L&D, diversity awards, global companies in male-dominated fields)
• Contribution to creation of marketing collateral (video, e-brochures, website, case studies)
To join the team, you’ll need to be passionate about making a difference in the way people communicate. InclusIQ are looking for a graduate who is passionate about social change and excited about technology. You will be a lifelong learner and self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit.
You will be proactive with an excellent attention to detail. Reliable and hardworking, you will be happy to work remotely and/or be in the office in Edinburgh. You will have excellent organisation and communication skills, both written and oral.
Closing date for applications is 19 March 2015, 5pm.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. How you meet the requirements of the job specification. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
This Adopt an Intern funded internship has been made possible through the financial support of the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) with match funding from the Scottish Government. It is part of a "Business Growth Programme" supporting the third sector, micro businesses and SMEs and contributes to our wider focus of boosting economic stability by investing in graduates. These are paid, meaningful, capacity-building internships, with monitored outcomes.