£7.85 per hour
Part-time, 20 hours per week for 5.5 months
January 2016 start
DA is an award winning, charity operating exclusively in the North East of Scotland. We provide a range of service and recovery groups to reduce harmful substance use and promote recovery for people with substance use issues, as well as assisting their families, and local communities. Formed in 1986, the charity will be celebrating its 30th anniversary in 2016, with various fundraising events taking place throughout the year.
Within this role your main tasks will be to support the Business Support and Staff Management teams, through the following activities:
• Assisting with data entry and transfer of data to new client management and HR systems.
• Assisting the Team Leader coordinating with the office move, and archiving work.
• Involvement in planning to celebrate the charities 30th year and other fundraising events.
• Support the management team in producing high quality funding applications.
• Demonstrating commitment to the values and mission of Drugs Action, especially while undertaking marketing activities.
• To carry out a range of other assignments and administrative duties as required by the department to ensure the smooth operation of the charity undergoing a great deal of change.
If you have a background in business, management or any related discipline, are a self-starter, organised, able to work to tight deadlines and use your initiative to get the job done, then we want to hear from you. You’ll also need to demonstrate an excellent standard of written and oral communication, be IT proficient and possess research skills that could rival Einstein.
We’d really like our Business Support Assistant Intern at DA, to be passionate about making a difference to the lives of vulnerable people so a empathic approach and the ability to work with others regardless of their ethnicity, social background, sexuality, gender, religious beliefs or substance use is essential. If you have prior administrative experience, we’ll like you even more!
The closing date for applications is 13 January 2016, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. Please note that we do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.