Drugs Action (DA) is an award winning, registered charity operating exclusively in the North-east of Scotland operating to reduce harmful substance use and promote recovery for people who have developed problems with alcohol or drugs, their families and local communities.
£7.85 per hour
Part-time, 20 hours per week for 5.5 months
Ideal start: December 2015
Within this role your main tasks will be to support the DA Business Support team and Project Officer in the smooth running of a busy, successful charity undergoing a great deal of change.
• Investigating and recording new sources of funding for the charity as well as providing support in producing high quality funding applications.
• Involvement in planning to celebrate the charities 30th year and other fundraising events.
• Assisting with data entry/ transfer to new client management and HR systems.
• Demonstrating commitment to the values and mission of Drugs Action, especially while undertaking marketing activities.
• To carry out a range of other assignments and administrative duties as required by the department to ensure the smooth operation of the charity.
If you have a background in business, management or any related discipline, are a self-starter, organised, able to work to tight deadlines and use your initiative to get the job done, then we want to hear from you. You’ll also need to demonstrate an excellent standard of written and oral communication, be IT proficient and possess research skills that could rival Einstein.
We’d really like our Business Support Assistant Intern at DA to be passionate about making a difference to the lives of vulnerable people. If you have prior administrative experience, we’ll like you even more!
Closing date for applications is 3 November 2015, 12noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. How you meet the requirements of the job specification. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.