£8.50 per hour
Full-time, part-time, permanent
A Client focused consultancy offering Construction (Design and Management) CDM, Safety Consultancy and Asbestos Management Services, coupled with Accredited Safety Training covering both construction related and CDM specific.
Established in 1995, we are an independent, standalone company which allows us to undertake our role on our Client’ behalf without any conflict of interest, thereby ensuring that THEIR interests are our primary concern.
Please see the CDM Scotland website for more about the company.
A permanent position has become available at our head office in Ayr for a Graduate Principal Designer /CDM Consultant. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious person with drive and enthusiasm to undertake the Principal Designer role as required by the CDM Regulations 2015.
• Provide support and advice to multi-disciplinary design teams and clients during the design and pre-construction stages of a wide range of projects to ensure their compliance with their statutory duties under CDM 2015.
• Be involved in defining the standards of the Principal Designer processes and procedures
• Ensure compliance with CDM 2015 for projects from inception to completion.
• Undertake CDM reviews, Audits and give CDM advice
• Review contract terms and conditions, scopes of service and responsibility matrices for projects
• Collaborate with the Technical Director to co-ordinate health and safety and CDM knowledge.
• You will prepare, or assist in the preparation of the Pre-Construction Information for issue to the project team and make comments on receipt of the Contractor’s Health and Safety Plan.
• Any other tasks as required by the business.
CDM Scotland are able to offer a competitive salary and benefits for the right candidate.
The candidate will ideally be educated to degree level with a background in Architecture, Construction or Engineering. Those with equivalent experience will also be considered. You should have good knowledge of design and construction gained from broad experience across a range of industry sectors. CDM Scotland are looking for someone with experience and an understanding of CDM Regulations; and Health and Safety.
You will have strong people skills to enable you to work effectively with colleagues/suppliers and build strong relationships. You will be IT literate, highly organised and a great team player. The graduate should be able to demonstrate practical competence, flexibility, commitment and problem solving capabilities. Membership of a Professional Institution (Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Construction Safety). RMaPS membership of the Association for Project Safety and a NEBOSH General or Construction Certificate qualification is desirable, but not essential.
Closing date for applications is 12 February 2016, noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.