Full-time, for 6 months
Ideal start: end of July
Closing date: 27 June 2016, 12 noon
About the Company
SCEL supports teachers' and early years practitioners' professional learning in leadership.
Established in April 2014 following recommendations in Teaching Scotland’s Future we're committed to ensuring the best possible leadership at all levels across Scotland's schools.
Powerful leadership is vital to a school's success, and we believe that every teacher is a leader in the classroom, the school and beyond. Our innovative, high quality leadership programmes and services help ensure teachers and early years practitioners have all the right learning and development opportunities to make a real difference to the outcomes for children and young people.
The Communications Intern will assist the Digital Manager to:
• Manage the Content Management System for the SCEL website; ensuring content is kept up-to-date, including editing copy and administering the addition of new posts, blogs, pages and functionality;
• Manage SCEL’s social media profiles including, but not limited to, LinkedIn and Twitter;
• Identify new and innovate social media opportunities;
• Create, gather and disseminate news and information from both within SCEL and from external sources;
• Liaise with SCEL colleagues and the wider team to develop and deliver content for a blog schedule;
• Contribute to the planning, development and implementation of communication and social media strategy, supporting complementary off-line activity where appropriate;
• Identify PR and marketing opportunities / create and disseminate press releases and work with SCEL partners and contacts to raise the profile of the organisation and programmes
The ideal candidate will be a Communications, Marketing or PR graduate with a focus on digital. Being a confident and enthusiastic individual is highly desirable.
You should be well organised, able to prioritise and take initiative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Being computer-savvy is also important as well as the ability to meet strict deadlines.
Closing date for applications is 27 June 2016, 12 noon.
Interviews will take place on 5 July 2016.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.APPLY