Location: Dalgety Bay (potential for remote working)
£8.25 to £12 p/h (depending on experience)
Part-time, for 24 weeks (minimum)*
Closing date: 18 July 2016, 12 noon
About the Company
AC Architects Ltd (ACA) are a forward thinking architecture firm, specialising in the design of one-off eco homes, working throughout the UK.
For more information please see company website.
The Content Marketing and Social Media Intern will play an active role in the development of ACA’s online community. The intern will maintain ACA’s presence across various social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Pinterest), whilst helping to create and publish content that is relevant to their consumer profile.
The intern will be responsible for creating/curating blog articles, specifically targeted at Self Builders. They will also be responsible for publishing/promoting the articles via social media and via Mailchimp. They will also maintain and organise ACA’s Mailchimp account and campaigns.
They will be responsible for regularly analysing and reporting on the activity across the platforms and they will also maintain and update ACA’s Wordpress website, to make sure all content is fresh and up to date.
The intern will learn how to reach communities and promote events or products/services through the internet, gaining experience in social media platforms, and the necessary tools used to manage their performance.
As a Content Marketing & Social Media Intern your responsibilities will fall under four main projects:
• Interview experts in various Self Build-related sectors for blogs
• Research and report on social media best practices
• Stay up-to-date with latest Content Marketing best practices through ACA’s membership of The Content Marketing Academy
• Create original blog articles relating to the Self Build market
• Film and edit video footage for upload to ACA’s new YouTube channel
• Attend workshops and training events based around Content Marketing
• Ghost-write articles for UK’s best-selling Self Build Magazine – Homebuilding & Renovating Magazine
• Prepare slides and presentation notes for Self Build shows and exhibitions
• Write, edit and repurpose blog articles into eBook format
• Update Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and LinkedIn accounts, using apps like Buffer and Hootsuite
• Respond to posts or comments to bring value to ACA’s customer
• Post updates, news and announcements in a timely manner
• Perform research to find articles, stories and other content that is relevant to our customer base and post it in a way that encourages conversation and discussion
• Continue to grow ACA’s social networks by increasing fan base and interactions
Analytics & Reporting:
• Use Google Analytics to assess performance of ACA’s blogs and webpages
• Use Facebook and Twitter analytics to gain insight and assess trends on the respective social media pages
• Review data on the performance of social media platforms and adjust plans and strategy to optimise reach
• Use keyword analytics to find the best keywords and phrases for blogs and content
*Please note you will be required to work 21 hours per week minimum. This role has the potential to become a permanent role.
This is an excellent opportunity for a graduate in Media, Journalism or English to gain valuable hands-on experience in digital Content Marketing.
The ideal candidate will be a creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking the initiative and working in collaboration.
You should be detail-orientated, with strong written and verbal communication abilities. You should be digitally savvy, with a passion for learning new skills.
You will be highly organised, and able to manage your own time effectively to meet deadlines. Previous experience of Google Analytics, Buffer, Mailchimp, Wordpress and managing social media for a business would be highly regarded.
Knowledge of architecture or Self Building is not essential, however, an ability to research efficiently and deliver complex information in a jargon-free manner is a must!
Closing date for applications is 18 July 2016, 12 noon.
Important: All the applicants are required to write a blog of around 600-700 words, entitled ‘Best Construction Methods for Self Building’. Please submit the blog along with the cover letter.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter and the blog through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.APPLY