Desk Union operates customer-centric work hubs on behalf of corporate clients. They bring expertise in the setup, technology, operations and management of shared space and coworking space.
£7.85 per hour. Part-time, 20 hours per week for 12 weeks
1 April 2015 start date
Desk Union work hubs are cultivated to fit with the requirements and desires of their clients. By integrating technology into their workspace, they manage, gain insight and build communities more effectively. Space is used to understand and strengthen the relationship between brand and customer. Desk Union accelerate the time it takes for small businesses to grow by curating a community of likeminded people and making impactful connections.
Based in the heart of Edinburgh with clients across the globe, their Gen-Y team shares a passion for coworking. Their ethos is to enable people to work whenever and wherever they choose, by creating work hubs, which support the environmental, technological and community demands of the modern workforce. At their core is our belief in a collaborative community, and the positive impact that it has on the economy.
Desk Union are currently recruiting for an intern who is passionate about digital content marketing and has that organisational skills and passion to develop and drive a creative events schedule. They’re looking to develop their coworking hub in central Edinburgh, and also plan a marketing and events strategy that they can roll out for our second location, launching May 2015.
Main tasks will be:
• To take ownership and creative control of Desk Union social media and online brand presence
• Produce creative content (written/ video/ infographics) that is easily sharable online and fits with the brand message
• Plan and implement a buzzing events schedule, incorporating member and external events that will attract a varied business audience
• Excellent copywriting skills with character and creativity
• Be passionate and knowledgeable about digital content
• An interest in events planning and hosting
• We are looking for someone fun, energetic and forward thinking who can act fast on their feet, understand the importance of brand message with a genuine passion for small business
• We’d ideally like someone with design skills too, to create infographics and other materials to share online
Closing date for applications is 11 February 2015, 5pm
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
This Adopt an Intern funded internship has been made possible through the financial support of the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) with match funding from the Scottish Government. It is part of a "Business Growth Programme" supporting the third sector, micro businesses and SMEs and contributes to our wider focus of boosting economic stability by investing in graduates. These are paid, meaningful, capacity-building internships, with monitored outcomes.