£8.25 per hour
Part-time, 20 hours per week, for 12 weeks
Ideal start: Early May
About the Company
Space Unlimited supports organisations to work in direct collaboration with young people in order to design and make change happen. Our youth-led enquiries enable young people and adults to participate in an action research process that generates insights and ideas for change and a shared sense of responsibility for taking these forward. Perhaps most importantly, the enquiry process helps to build relationships, skills and participants’ confidence in their capacity to bring about the changes that they believe are important – for themselves and for their communities.
See a bit more about us here www.spaceunlimited.org
We will listen to your ideas and give you space and encouragement to grow.
• Work as part of a small, friendly, multi-disciplinary team based in the south-side of Glasgow
• Contribute to a values-driven organisation
• Make a real difference to the lives of young people
• Help to shape the education sector in Scotland
Space Unlimited are looking for an enthusiastic Digital Media and Marketing Intern. Your main tasks will include:
• Design, develop and update website.
• Increase social media presence
• Support SU projects and teams electronic processes.
• Maintain and update digital archive – it’s a huge asset for us and our project teams, so we want to be able to access it easily.
• Design and manipulate graphics for print and web.
• Design and manipulate video and motion graphics.
• Attend project events to gather photographs and interviews
• Signpost project participants, especially young people, to cool tools to use for creating new media items within projects - occasionally getting involved directly in a project to play this role.
• Assist with organising and running events
• Research sectors/funding opportunities
Please note that you will report to the Administrative and Evaluation Manager.
We’re looking for a marketing orientated design savvy person who wants to make a big impact on a small organisation. You will likely have more techy skills than us, and we like that. Backgrounds in digital media, marketing or business development are all desirable.
You'll have a working knowledge of industry standard packages in Web/ graphic design and manipulation, online content management systems, small office networks and Mac Operating systems.
You must be experienced in using Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Microsoft Office suite. We use Umbraco CMS for our website and contacts, so knowledge of this CMS is preferable.
A flair for creating stuff that make people smile is essential!
Closing date for applications is 11 April 2016, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.