DEM Solutions is the market leader in simulation software for engineering of bulk materials handling and processing equipment.
DEM Solutions' EDEM® software platform powered by Discrete Element Modelling technology is used for academic research in over 170 academic institutions worldwide as part of our EDEM Academic Partner Program (EAPP). Around 150 academic users of EDEM have now graduated and moved to industry or post-doc positions.
We are looking for an intern to help us get back in touch with those past academic users, develop and implement a plan for establishing an Alumni association as well as promoting the new ‘Take EDEM with you’ programme.
In the first stage of the internship, the main focus will be to:
- Find past academic users online using social networks, search engines, universities websites etc.
- Get an update on their current position and organisation as well as contact details
- Create a database in Microsoft Excel to organise this information
In the second stage, activities will include:
- Contact past users to introduce the concept of the EAPP Alumni association
- Gather feedback on how they would like to keep in touch and communicate (via newsletter, LinkedIn group, etc…)
- Develop plan for Alumni communications (which platform, frequency…) and implement
- Promote the ‘Take EDEM with you’ program
- Create a process for transition between current users to alumni. (how to keep track and inform them about Alumni association)
In addition, the intern will be supporting the Marketing and Academic teams with additional tasks as required: DEM Literature Database update, lead generation, etc.
- Confident communicator with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Ability to motivate and engage alumni
- Experience with social media tools especially LinkedIn
- Database management and analytical skills
- IT skills, and preferably experience of working with a customer relationship management (CRM) system
- Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently
- Degree in business management or a sales and marketing related field
Closing date for applications is 29 October 2014, 5pm.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.