£22,432 per annum
Permanent, full time working 35 hours per week (Mon-Fr- 9-5 with the occasional requirement to attend out of these hours)
Closing date: 7 August 2017
About the Company
The Royal Society of Edinburgh, Scotland’s National Academy is an educational charity, registered in Scotland, operating on a wholly independent and non-party-political basis and providing public benefit throughout Scotland. We were established in 1783 and since then have drawn upon the considerable strengths and varied expertise of our Fellows, of which there are currently around 1600, who are based in Scotland, the rest of the UK and beyond.
Unlike similar organisations in the rest of the UK, our Fellowship includes people from a wide range of disciplines - science & technology, arts, humanities, social science, business and public service. This breadth of expertise makes us unique in the UK. The time which our Fellows spend in supporting and enabling the delivery of our activities is an exceptional free resource, the annual public value of which is in excess of £1 million.
We are currently looking to recruit a new Enterprise Officer to support the Awards Manager in the administration of the various RSE Enterprise Fellowship schemes.
The key tasks involved in the role are as follows:
• To update the application documentation in relation to the above schemes and ensure they are uploaded on to the RSE website
• To process the applications, liaise with award applicants and recipients and ensure the terms and conditions of the awards are followed
• To provide secretarial support to the Enterprise Fellowship selection committees
• To approve requests from Enterprise Fellows on the use of their Business Development Funds
• To approve payments of awards on a timely basis
• To liaise with the Finance Team on income and expenditure on awards and the preparation of budget profiles to ensure all awards made are recorded and stay within the allocated budgets
• To assist with the organisation of the Enterprise Fellows’ Presentations and RSE Entrepreneurs’ Club events
• To assist the RSE Marketing Officer in maintaining the Enterprise Fellowships part of the RSE website
• To maintain the Enterprise Fellowships awards filing system
• To monitor the Enterprise Fellowships Inbox and respond to enquiries
• To gather quarterly reports and business plans from Enterprise Fellows
• To collect relevant data from Enterprise Fellows for impact evaluation and maintain and update the database/spreadsheet of Enterprise Fellowship awardees
• To undertake other tasks as required by the Awards Manager
You will be able to demonstrate a professional attitude towards work and fulfilling the responsibilities that go along with a post requiring outputs of a high standard, and the confidence to use your own initiative when required.
You should be well motivated with the ability to work flexibly as part of a small team, with integrity and confidentiality. This includes the ability to balance workloads and prioritise tasks in a sometimes very demanding role.
• Some experience of grants administration
• Good time management and organisational skills
• Excellent communications skills
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
• Some experience of working with committees
• Good attention to detail
• Ability to work with integrity and confidentiality
• Ability to take responsibility and prioritise work
• Microsoft Word (Intermediate level)
• Microsoft Excel (intermediate level)
• Microsoft PowerPoint (Basic level)
• Microsoft Outlook (All skills)
• Integra Database (to be developed on the job)
• Some knowledge of the commercialisation of academic research
• Some knowledge of the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Scotland
• Some knowledge of the UK Research Councils
• Some experience of delivering PowerPoint presentations
The closing date for application is Monday 07 August 2017, 5pm.
Interviews will take place on either Tuesday 15 August or Wednesday 16 August 2017. This date will be confirmed if you are invited for an interview.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the AAI online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.