Location: Glasgow (Southside)
Salary: £16,000 p/a dependent on experience and qualifications
Contract Length: Permanent, full-time, 9.00am - 5.00pm
Start date: Immediate start
Closing date: 2 September 2016, noon
About the Company
Medica Cpd is a dynamic event company specialising in developing and delivering health related conferences, training courses and master classes for health, dental, education and social care professionals and others.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a motivated and enthusiastic person to join Medica Cpd's small team and help us to help to grow our business.
Your duties as Event and Administration Assistant will be to assist the Director of Medica Cpd, and will include:
• Registration of delegates attending events and the smooth handling of the registration process
• Maintenance of accurate financial records
• Managing emails and handling correspondence quickly, and in an efficient manner
• Ensuring filing and storage systems are updated and well organised
• Maintenance of accurate and current databases and developing new data lists
• General event administration
• Assisting with social media, updating websites and other marketing activities as required
• Preparing delegate material and packs
• Booking travel and accommodation for conference speakers
• Being present at each event and assisting Medica team
• Dealing with customer enquiries
• Building rapport with clients and conduct follow-up calls after all events
• Invoicing delegates and chasing up unpaid invoices
You should be educated to degree level or have experience in a similar role (1 year minimum). The requirements for this position are:
• Lots of enthusiasm and drive!
• Previous administration/finance experience is essential
• Excellent skills with Microsoft office, Outlook, Word, Excel
• Accuracy and thoroughness in review and entry of data
• Confidence and proficiency when working with financial data
• Sound organisation skills and the ability to stay calm and work well under pressure
• A clear and confident telephone manner and excellent written communication skills
• Self motivation and the ability to work under own initiative
• You should care about ensuring that we deliver professional and well-received events
• The ability to work as part of a small team
• You should be punctual, trustworthy and presentable
Closing date for applications is 2 September 2016, noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.