£8.25 per hour
Part-time, 20 hours for 12 weeks
About the Organisation
Mugstock is a boutique outdoor summertime music festival, taking place at the beautiful Mugdock Country Park just north of Glasgow. The festival is ran on a not-for-profit basis by a team of volunteers and it is a registered charity.
MugStock are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic person to assist with various tasks to help organise MugStock Festival 2016. The post brings together all elements of festival organisation including marketing, fundraising, production and volunteer coordination. This will be a challenging yet rewarding role.
The main tasks will include (but won’t be limited to):
• Connecting with potential sponsors. Setting up and attending meetings and generate sponsorship leads.
• Working with the Director of Marketing in order to write and push press releases
• Assisting with digital marketing activity including writing copy for and updating website, social media and in-house design
• Obtaining quotes for equipment hires
• Assisting with fundraising activities including funding applications and fundraising events
• Providing general administration support
You should be a people person – very comfortable in negotiations and in handling a varied workload. A strong team player with the ability to work on your own and using own initiative. You will be able to demonstrate strong attention to detail and have a good working IT knowledge in particular Microsoft office packages.
This role would particularly suit someone looking to establish a career in events production and promotion or a similar field. Access to your own transport and experience of graphic design / video production would be desirable.
This is a unique and challenging opportunity to contribute to the development of a charity at an exciting stage in its development.
Closing date for applications is 14 March 2016, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.