£19,000-£22,000 per annum
Full-time, permanent position. Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
About the company
Morton Fraser is a thriving, top ten Scottish law firm, delivering clear advice to businesses, the public sector, families and individuals. With over 260 employees across sites in Edinburgh, Glasgow and London, Morton Fraser provide highly rated legal services across the UK, and have links to over 160 international firms.
To make day to day life smoother for your fee earner group by managing their administration and allowing them to focus on providing advice to clients. Three excellent graduates are required to join the Morton Fraser team.
To provide a range of administrative support to a group of busy fee earners, ensuring a proactive approach to strengthen and underpin team efficiency and client service.
1. Compliance duties: Carry out procedures to ensure money laundering legislation compliance; produce letters of engagement and ensure every client receives one; carry out conflict of interest procedure.
2. File management: Checking and investigating cash balances on client account; efiling documents to case plan and file closure, ensuring zero balance and instructing finance team to close matter and case plan; delegate despatch and retrieval of files from Iron Mountain to GA.
3. Diary and meeting management: Day-to-day management of electronic Outlook calendars, scheduling meetings, accepting and declining incoming meeting requests as appropriate, ensuring there are no diary conflicts and making sure the fee earner knows at all times where he / she is supposed to be; assist with meeting preparation – ensuring your fee earners have the necessary paperwork; client details; presentation materials etc.
4. Document Production: Delegate and supervise the scanning, copying or collation of complex and/or volume documents; delegate and supervise binding of documents; typing of urgent documents in the event these cannot be produced by the Document Production team.
5. Client support: Screening calls appropriately, taking messages and dealing with enquiries that do not require to be passed on; play an active role in client service and act as a confident, reliable and positive point of contact for clients and colleagues.
6. Event management: The organisation of hospitality and events including scheduling diaries, booking rooms, organising catering, - and tracking of invites/attendees, producing event packs and materials and, if required, name badges, meeting and greeting attendees at the start of the event etc., liaising with the marketing team, Client Suite team and Central Services team as appropriate.
7. Marketing materials: The production of team specific marketing literature (from team sheets to credentials), in conjunction with marketing team; maintenance of partners / fee earners outlook contacts ; creating distribution lists and updating client details for event invites; creation, format and distribution of e newsletters, blogs, website, intranet updates, marketing materials.
8. Training admin: Organise team knowledge sessions, preparing and circulating any training materials; organising in house and client cpd events complying with LSS requirements; booking fee earners on external events and handling invoices etc.
9. Admin support: specific to the practice area (will be team specific and needs to be narrated).
Skills and Experience
• Excellent planning and organising skills;
• Able to prioritise work and sequence work appropriately to meet deadlines;
• Ability to follow instructions and work with minimal supervision using own initiative;
• Experience of delegating and supervising the work of others is desirable.
• Accurate typing skills, excellent proof-reading skills and critical attention to detail;
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with emphasis on PowerPoint and Excel (training can be provided where required).
• You have excellent communication skills, you are articulate, you can communicate clearly and concisely.
• You enjoy working within a team and autonomously on your own initiative.
• You are personable and good at building and developing relationships with colleagues and clients.
• You are confident and you have a strong belief in yourself and your own ability.
• You are committed to providing a good client experience and willing to put in extra time and effort when required.
Closing date for applications is 9 March 2016, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.