Morton Fraser is a thriving, top-ten Scottish law firm, delivering clear advice to businesses, the public sector, families and individuals.
Circa £18,000-20,000. Full-time, maternity cover for up to 1 year
With over 260 employees across sites in Edinburgh, Glasgow and London, Morton Fraser provide highly rated legal services across the UK, and have links to over 160 international firms.
Morton Fraser are seeking a PA/Administrator to support their Executive team, to cover for a period of maternity leave. The role involves providing PA and administrative support, in a confidential environment, to the Chief Executive, Chair, HR Director,Finance Director and Tenders Manager. Tasks will include
- Document production, diary management, travel and accommodation arrangements, managing telephone calls and inbox when necessary including planning ahead to ensure all are well-prepared for meetings.
- Organise and coordinate partnership events such as the AGM, partner conferences and partnership meetings. This will include sourcing venues, negotiating terms, booking equipment, facilities and organising catering etc.
- Support the HR team with the administration around:- trainee CPD; trainee recruitment and selection, including organising the assessment days; work experience programmes; trainee induction and law fairs; Crest pension scheme administration and Trustee meetings; processing employee absence data and electronic filing of annual review forms.
- Support the Tenders Manager with administration and document production around tenders and directory submissions, including drafting and proof reading.
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality in all that you see and do.
- Provide absence cover for reception.
This role is suitable for graduates from a number of degree disciplines. You will have good knowledge of Word, Excel and Powerpoint and be able to demonstrate a high level of accuracy and speed using MS Office applications. Familiarisation with formatting large Word documents is also desirable.
You will have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with a good level of literacy and ability to draft concise, accurate, written information. You will have a friendly and professional manner, and be confident in working with people at all levels of a large organisation.
You will have excellent organisational skills and the ability to juggle several tasks simultaneously. Attention to detail is very important for this role, and you will be able to demonstrate this throughout the recruitment and selection process.
You will be able to demonstrate your commitment to providing a good client experience and willing to put in extra time and effort when required. You’ll be confident and willing to take the initiative to get things done.
Closing date for applications is 18 January 2015, 5pm.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. How you meet the requirements of the job specification. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.