Telford Construction is a small well established Construction and Facilities Management company based in Onich, focusing now exclusively on Facilities Management.
Location: Onich, Near Fort William
£7.85 per hour. Full-time, for 6 months
Telford Construction has an exciting opportunity to join their team as a Facilities Management Intern. Within this role you will be working on managing their Facilities Management operations.
This will entail:
• Entering data in to the bespoke FM Database
• Instructing engineers to carry out work
• Accepting instructions from contract superiors
• Liaising with clients, engineers and stores to ensure competent and timely completion of the assigned task
• Accurately maintaining and managing all reports (mainly digital) generated by the operations
• Approving invoices from, and ensuring prompt and appropriate payments to, engineers/suppliers
• Preparing and controlling sales invoices to clients
• Monitoring and analysing cost and income of Facilities Management operations
• Monitoring, reviewing, and, if necessary, working with IT Consultants to improve the efficiency of the FM software
Nearby accommodation may be provided for the successful candidate. This can be discussed at interview stage.
The ideal intern will be educated to degree level with a background in a construction related discipline such as surveying or civil engineering, management, computing, accountancy or financial management.
You will have a high level of financial acumen and strong numeracy skills. You will be a confident communicator with first rate written and oral communication skills. The successful intern must have strong IT and computing skills, including Microsoft Office and previous experience of dealing with bespoke systems. Existing knowledge of construction / property management would be preferred but is not essential.
Closing date for applications is 16 February, 5pm.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. How you meet the requirements of the job specification. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
This Adopt an Intern funded internship has been made possible through the financial support of the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) with match funding from the Scottish Government. It is part of a "Business Growth Programme" supporting the third sector, micro businesses and SMEs and contributes to our wider focus of boosting economic stability by investing in graduates. These are paid, meaningful, capacity-building internships, with monitored outcomes.