Facilities Management is one of the most rapidly expanding professions in the Construction & Property sector.
Location: Onich, Near Fort William
£16-18k per annum. 35 hours per week for 3 months
Telford Construction is a small, well-established Construction and Facilities Management (FM) company based in Onich, near Fort William, the Outdoor Capital of the UK. They are currently expanding their FM operations, and seek to appoint a Graduate Intern to assist with administering and developing these activities.
Within this role your duties will include:
• Entering data in to the bespoke FM Database
• Instructing engineers to carry out work
• Accepting instructions from contract superiors
• Liaising with clients, engineers and stores to ensure competent and timely completion of the assigned task
• Accurately maintaining and managing all reports (mainly digital) generated by the operations
• Approving invoices from, and ensuring prompt and appropriate payments to, engineers/suppliers
• Preparing and controlling sales invoices to clients
• Monitoring and analysing cost and income of Facilities Management operations
• Monitoring, reviewing, and, if necessary, working with IT Consultants to improve the efficiency of the FM software
There are considerable long-term opportunities for career development.
Nearby accommodation may be provided for the successful candidate. This can be discussed at interview stage.
The successful candidate must be educated to degree level, or equivalent, ideally with a background in a construction related discipline; management; computing or accountancy. They will have a high level of financial acumen and numeracy. They will be a confident communicator with first rate written and oral communication skills.
The work requires a high standard of computer expertise and experience in the MS Office suite of programs (particularly Outlook, Word, Excel & Access). High accuracy is required in maintaining digital records. Full training will be given, however the ability to use initiative and work with minimum supervision will be an advantage.
Closing date for applications is 9 May 2015, 5pm.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. How you meet the requirements of the job specification. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
This Adopt an Intern funded internship has been made possible through the financial support of the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) with match funding from the Scottish Government. It is part of a "Business Growth Programme" supporting the third sector, micro businesses and SMEs and contributes to our wider focus of boosting economic stability by investing in graduates. These are paid, meaningful, capacity-building internships, with monitored outcomes.