A social enterprise committed to helping businesses to grow through access to a diverse range of graduate talent. By ensuring graduates are paid and that our processes are transparent, we’re helping to create a fair and accessible paid internship culture across the UK. Businesses (from all sectors) come to us with a short-term need for staffing support or a permanent position that needs to be filled. The team advertise and facilitate these positions with care and attention, offering support throughout the process and the length of the post, as necessary. Whilst the business gain a fresh-thinking, enthusiastic, talented graduate and benefit from pipeline talent or a project completed, the graduate gains solid work experience which significantly supports their access to the labour market or other positive destinations.
• Uncomplicated processes
• Low cost, even the smallest of firms can recruit staff through AAI
• Flat fee; no percentages, no extra charge for permanent positions or engaging an intern on a permanent contract
• Profits go towards supporting the talented unemployed and underemployed
• Positively personal for both employer and graduate
• We reach an extremely wide audience of talented graduates via our social media sites, our website, our stakeholders, our alumni and via our extensive contact with universities and their alumni across the UK.
• We deal mainly with graduates and postgraduates but (dependent on employer needs) accept applications from students who are applying for a part-time post or who are due to graduate shortly.
• We work with both talented unemployed and underemployed graduates who have not yet found work to match their skills. They are often working in jobs for which they are over qualified. They have gained their degree, are highly skilled but need the opportunity to put them into practice. They can't get a job without experience, but they can't get experience without a job.
• We offer an entirely transparent service and do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religion. We attract women returners and graduates with some work experience already under their belt too.
An Adopt an Intern internship is a paid, fixed-term, project-based post. Interns can help you complete workplace projects, which you may not have previously had the time, talent or resource to do, within a reasonable timescale and at little cost. Internships are also a great way to fill urgent employment gaps in your organisation such as maternity leave or sabbaticals.
Internships allow candidates to gain valuable applied experience while giving employers the opportunity to guide and evaluate emerging talent. Our interns are work-ready so in the majority of cases would not require additional training upon entering your organisation.
Our interns contribute significantly to their host organisations, whether covering temporary staffing needs or working on specific time-sensitive projects.
Many of our interns have provided huge return on investment for their host business and the majority of our employers state that their intern impacted positively upon business growth.
We work to suit your needs. We provide both full and part-time internships for a minimum of 240 hours. We’ll also advertise permanent graduate positions.
The internship can cover any degree background. Previous interns have worked in a huge variety of roles including Marketing and Communications, Research, Business Development, Engineering, Graphic and Web Design and HR. Whatever your project need, we’ll find the right candidate to take it on.