Full-time, 35 hours per week*, for 6 months
End January 2017 start
Closing date: 4 January 2017, 12 noon
About the Company
HITRANS is the statutory regional transport partnership covering Eilean Siar (Western Isles), Orkney, Highland, Moray and most of the Argyll and Bute area.
HITRANS work with local authorities, the Scottish Government, Transport Scotland, HIE, transport operators and other stakeholders to improve transport services and infrastructure in the north of Scotland and on routes to the Highlands and Islands.
The Intern appointed to work with HITRANS officers will have an opportunity to work on the following key tasks which will help develop a range of skills in the work environment:
• Office administration / management tasks
• Stakeholder engagement
• Development of business administration and project management practice
• Support HITRANS work in developing EU funding opportunities
• Qualitative and quantitative research skills will be honed by working with officers on projects including evaluation of public transport information project; application of new Ferry Commercial Fare Scale against existing Fares
• Evaluation and monitoring of work funded by HITRANS through EU / ERDF and Research & Strategy Development Programme
* Please note that we can offer some flexibility around the working hours so if the appointed person would prefer a shorter working week of 25 hours, it will be possible to extend the overall term of the appointment.
The ideal candidate would be Business and Management, Business Administration or related field graduate. You must be keen and tech savvy with the ability to demonstrate strong IT skills. You will be a confident communicator who thrives both in a team environment and working on their own.
Being organised and able to prioritise and manage their own time effectively to meet strict deadlines is essentials. You will have a strong work ethic and good time keeping. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are also important.
Closing date for applications is 4 January 2016, 12 noon.
Interviews will be held on 11 January 2017.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the AAI online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.