Aspen People Ltd is a UK professional services firm specialising in executive search services. They typically work in partnership with a broad range of private and public sector organisations, helping them to attract and assess the highest calibre leaders.
Salary: c. £25,000 p/a. (negotiable dependent on experience)
Negotiable start date
With a track record of delivering essential appointments across virtually all functional and professional career specialisms, Aspen have a particularly strong reputation in Scotland for delivering Chair, Trustee, Non-Executive Directors as well as Executive Directors, Heads of Service and Chief Executive Officers.
Aspen People are looking for an enthusiastic graduate/post graduate with some customer or professional services experience, to undertake a traineeship which would lead to a high-level associate consultant position within the company.
This is a permanent position, a two-year traineeship, open to all graduates and postgraduates across the UK and Ireland. No restrictions apply.
• Project manage a number of different assignments at different stages.
• Update project management information tools and/ or spread sheets requiring MI.
• Update and track all activity within the CRM Database
• Maximize all aspects of technology available including website and social media platforms
• In partnership with the lead consultant, prepare for, attend and contribute to client meetings.
• Pro-actively communicate with Clients and Candidates to deliver customer service and added value information beyond initial expectations, handling all queries in an efficient and professional manner
• With guidance, assist clients with aspects of drafting of job descriptions, advertisements, social media updates and information microsites
• With guidance, source, target and communicate effectively.
• Assist candidate as primary contact and take ownership of candidate queries escalated by the Project Coordinators’.
• Ensure candidates experience a professional, tactful, confidential and efficient added-value communication service.
• Sift through candidate applications against the job description, to make accurate and objective observations.
• With guidance, meet and interview candidates relating to assignments
• With guidance, prepare proposals, letters, emails and biographical candidate reports
• Take candidate references and prepare confidential reports.
• Ensure information and knowledge is updated onto the database in a timely and accurate manner
• Complete all assignment documentation to quality management standards, using approved forms and house styles where appropriate
• Be proactive in identifying potential new business opportunities for Aspen People Ltd
• Take an active involvement in business development
• Create and maintain working relationships with clients and build a network of contacts
• Be an active team member, positively contributing to the smooth running of the office and business
• Strive to build positive relationships with colleagues that will help them support you in the delivery of effective client and candidate solutions
• Share knowledge and best practice
• Clients - communicate proactively and reactively with clients in relation to live assignments as well as prospective clients in relation to potential new business
• Candidates - communicate proactive and reactively with candidates at all stages of assignments as well as unsolicited candidates
• External suppliers - such as researchers, advertising agencies and hotels relating to assignments
• Internal colleagues - across the organisation at all levels where appropriate
Although not essential, the role could suit a graduate or postgraduate who has already gained some solid work experience in another professional services field and is looking to change direction; perhaps from law, accountancy or HR. No specific degree background is required as long as you can prove you have the skills to do the job. The ideal candidate will be able to evidence integrity, values and a high level of customer service and communication skills. They must aspire to working within a team of management consultants who pride themselves on "substance, intellect and service".
• Professional office administrative processes and procedures
• Project management skill
• Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, email and databases
• Managing a workload to meet tight deadlines
• Working as part of a team and across teams
Personal Skills and Abilities
• Proactively take responsibility for workload priorities and task completion.
• Self- discipline to plan ahead and organise delivery of tasks to best meet the needs of clients, candidates and colleagues across multiple projects to ensure that deadlines are met
• Commercially astute
• Articulate with strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
• A sense of humor, pride, determination and resilience
• Enthusiastic, clear and confident communication skills at all levels of seniority – both internally and externally (written and verbal)
• Strong on common sense, logical reasoning and able to use initiative
• Team spirited with a calm approach to pressure
• Flexible and able to adapt working style to meet client requirements
Closing date for applications is 31 March 2015, 5pm.
Interviews are ongoing throughout March 2015.
Please submit a CV and comprehensive covering letter, ideally matching your personal qualities, experience and examples to demonstrate your fit and something about your career ambitions via the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website.
For further insight into Aspen People watch their brief video.