£16,000 p/a pro rata
30 hours per week for 12 months
Closing date: 8 May 2017, noon.
About the Company
Ardgowan Hospice has been supporting the community of Inverclyde for more than 33 years; they provide specialist, high quality, and holistic, palliative care provision supporting their patients, their families and carers who are dealing with various types of life-limiting conditions.
The team are passionate about putting their patients first by listening and acting upon their needs and strive to not only deliver, but also value quality of life, dignity, privacy and individual choice.
The HR Department, within which this role is situated, provides a full operational HR support to all departments, staff and volunteers within the hospice, in addition to leading on organisational development initiatives.
More details of the services Ardgowan Hospice provides can be found at their website here.
Working closely with the Head of People and Transformation and HR Adviser, the successful candidate will have a supervisory responsibility with operational HR requirements for both staff and volunteers. This will include all recruitment activities, administration and logistical upkeep of the HR database, as well as providing support for any organisational development activities.
The specific accountabilities of the role include, but are not limited to;
• Maintaining records on HR database including any changes, adding new staff records, etc.
• General administration duties as required by the Head of People and Transformation including typing, photocopying, filing, scanning and telephone calls to job candidates
• Liaising with NHS GCC Occupational Health department, and with Volunteer Scotland Disclosure Services
• Working closely with line managers to support them with recruitment of staff and volunteers
• Providing support for the rollout of the Healthy Working Lives programme
• Providing support for organisational development work, including updating of HR policies & support for internal training courses
• Maintaining and Updating the Volunteer Database
• Supporting Volunteer Services including arranging the annual Long Service Awards and Christmas Event.
• Scheduling and arranging meetings between staff and external clients on a regular basis.
The full Ardgowan Hospice role description can be found here.
The ideal candidate will be a graduate in Human Resource Management and be confident with MS Office, MS Excel, and Sage HR with previous experience maintaining databases. You must have excellent attention to detail and organisational skills, as well as an ability to communicate confidently with people at all levels. Due to the sensitive nature of the work a high awareness of professional confidentiality is essential.
Closing date: 8 May 2017, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.