Full-time, for 12 weeks
Closing date: 27 June 2016
About the Company
Money Dashboard shows you exactly where your money goes, and helps you make better decisions about how to use it. Powered by innovative development & data analytics, it was founded in 2012 and is the UK's leading Personal Financial Management tool. The service is free to use, and generates revenue by helping consumers products (e.g. energy supplier) as well as by creating statistical models from Big Data.
The key tasks and responsibilities of the Insights Software Developer will include:
• Supporting and continually developing our databases and ways and means to access our data in secure and controlled ways.
• Enhancing our data – making it better and helping our analyst teams get more from the data.
• Writing scripts (generally in Powershell) to automate and batch process our day to day stuff so we’ve got more time to investigate Machine Learning and big data approaches to see what our data tells us and therefore lets us tell our users
• Helping us improve our cloud based architecture – notably security and ease of maintenance.
• Controlling our software using version control via Git and a workflow to promote our code from development / test environments into production environments via controlled means
The skills and qualifications required for the role are:
• A degree in Computer Science, Data Science or Mathematics (or related disciplines).
• A logical mind (you don’t have to know complex mathematics or have really deep algorithm or programming knowledge, but you will demonstrate that you can apply common sense to computer software challenges we experience every day)
• A desire to get to the bottom of problems, find a root cause, fix it and make systems better.
• Being a self-starter who identifies and solves problems without the need for supervision.
• A desire to learn technologies including SQL Server, Powershell, .NET, Machine Learning, AWS Cloud based computing.
Closing date for applications is 27 June 2016, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.APPLY