The Church of Scotland has over 400,000 members involved in local congregations. There are around 800 ministers serving in parishes and chaplaincies across Scotland, as well as in England and elsewhere in Europe.
£7.85 per hour. Full-time for 6 months
Start date – end of April
The Church of Scotland (Edinburgh Office) has over 230 members of staff. They are looking to add an intern to their team to look at and develop the existing internal communication channels, and to make recommendations for new and appropriate methods of sharing messages internally.
This is a brand new internship, based in the HR team, with huge opportunities to make a difference. Specifically, your tasks will involve:
• Listening to the needs of staff, to gain an understanding of the users within The Church of Scotland.
• Developing communication tools for use internally e.g. newsletters, bulletins, noticeboards etc.
• Helping The Church of Scotland, and its Edinburgh based office, share appropriate news and stories in a meaningful and interesting way.
• Developing and promoting an in-house style for internal communication.
• Gathering and collate information, and create engaging copy for internal communications
• Reviewing the intranet content, make changes and suggestions.
• Helping co-ordinate and arrange internal initiatives for staff including staff get-togethers, focus groups, working groups etc.
• Working with the HR team and other key stakeholders to generate enthusiasm internally about communicating better and the benefits this brings.
• Advising stakeholders on appropriate methods for sharing their message.
The ideal candidate will be educated to at least SCQF level 10. You will be determined, thoughtful, creative, with a bit of resilience and a lot of spark. An understanding and respect of the organisation’s values and purpose is essential. You will be able to demonstrate your ability to communicate in an engaging and individual style, starting with your application for this role!
Closing date for applications is Monday 6 April 2015, 5pm
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 15 April.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. Your application to us should showcase your ability to engage other users in your message and individual style.
All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.APPLY