Salary: £19,000 p/a
Duration: Full-time for 12 months
Start date: January 2016
Aberdeen Asset Management have an excellent opportunity for a School / College leaver who is looking to establish a career within the Asset Management Industry.
Through the Investment 2020 trainee programme they will provide you with a structured 12- month training contract working in their Learning and Development team. The role will be based in Edinburgh reporting to the Head of Learning and Development.
The Investment 2020 programme is designed to offer relevant professional qualifications, training and learning opportunities to recent school and college leavers who are looking for their first role within the industry. It is hoped that most participants in the scheme will move into permanent roles with Aberdeen Asset Management or with other firms within the industry, acting as a springboard for your career.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Administration of all aspects of AAM’s Talent Programmes and the Technical Training curriculum
• Liaising with the Facilities Team to book training rooms in all three UK offices
• Ensuring all training courses are added to the Learning Management System accurately and in a timely manner
• Managing incoming queries relating to the Technical Training curriculum
• Liaising with the business
• Liaising with training vendors
• Collating feedback and report on courses attended
• Providing support for the Talent Team where required.
• Educated to at least Scottish Higher, A ‘Level, NVQ or equivalent level
• Excellent organisational & administrative skills with the ability to plan ahead, managing time and resources
• Ability to effectively to communicate with internal and external customers
• Keen attention to detail and accuracy, with a methodical approach to work
• Ability to work well within a team environment
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
• General awareness of business office practices.
This job is only open to non-graduates, aged between 16 and 23.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
Closing date for applications is 16 December 2015, 12 noon.
Interviews will take place week beginning 21 December.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.