Salary: £19,000 p/a
Duration: Full-time for 12 months
Start date: January 2016
Aberdeen Asset Management have an excellent opportunity for a School / College leaver who is looking to establish a career within the Asset Management Industry.
Through the Investment 2020 trainee programme they will provide a structured 12-month training contract working in their Legal Records team. This will give you a comprehensive overview of the requirements of a Legal records department within an Asset Management company, as well an overview of working within the wider UK Legal department. The role will be based in Aberdeen, reporting to the Senior Legal Secretary.
The Investment 2020 programme is designed to offer relevant professional qualifications, training and learning opportunities to recent school and college leavers who are looking for their first role within the industry. It is hoped that most participants in the scheme will move into permanent roles with Aberdeen Asset Management or with other firms within the industry, acting as a springboard for your career.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Providing support and assistance to the Senior Legal Secretary and the Senior Legal Assistant (in London) with all aspects of legal administration and the processing of documentation
• Ensuring all legal documents received are in the correct name and authorised signatories who sign the legal agreements are in accordance with Client agreements (IMA) or authorised signatories list
• Liaising with the business when legal documents are incorrect and at other necessary points
• Uploading and maintaining electronic records onto the Global Legal SharePoint database
• Supporting the Senior Legal Assistant on archive procedures for documents that need to be stored away from the office and the UK offsite storage account for London, Aberdeen and Edinburgh.
• Substituting for and assisting with the job responsibilities of other administrative assistants and team secretaries in the Legal department as required
• Educated to at least Scottish Higher, A ‘Level, NVQ or equivalent level
• Excellent organisational & administrative skills with the ability to plan ahead, managing time and resources
• Ability to effectively to communicate with internal and external customers
• Keen attention to detail and accuracy, with a methodical approach to work
• Ability to work well within a team environment
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
• General awareness of business office practices.
This job is only open to non-graduates, aged between 16 and 23.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
Closing date for applications is 16 December 2015, 12 noon
Interviews will take place week beginning 21 December.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.