Would you like to join an organisation that works with people and communities to transform their health and wellbeing? Lifelink is a charity that does just that.
£17,880 per annum
Full-time, 35 hours per week until 31 March 2016, with possible extension
LIFELINK (trading name for Royston Stress Centre Ltd) is a social enterprise organisation, which delivers community based, holistic therapeutic support services for young people and adults across Glasgow. Funded by NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde, and Glasgow City Council Community Planning Partnership, they support thousands of people to manage stress and improve their mental and emotional health and wellbeing. They also provide learning opportunities to help people develop their skills and find ways to make positive changes to their lives.
Working as a Management Assistant Intern your main purpose will be to deliver projects across a wide range of key functions of the organisation, with a specific focus on: strategy, organisational development, finance, corporate governance, HR, policy, equalities, communication and customer service. Your role will enable the business to be more effective and efficient at delivering Lifelink’s core services, while allowing growth and cost effective, high quality services to be delivered to our customers in the private, public, corporate and community sectors.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• To coordinate and manage specific discreet projects across the organisation.
• To undertake and support the CEO to develop and coordinate effective partnership working.
• To drive forward excellence and quality frameworks.
• Performing other related duties as required and/or assigned by the CEO.
Within this role you will be working towards set goals and KPIs on the business including:
• Grow business by 25% by year end
• Embed quality framework across the organisation.
• Identify areas for improvement and develop solutions.
• Carry out research and data collection to support development of services and business growth
• Prepare business proposals and presentations.
• Identify areas to improve communication across the organisations, stakeholders and clients.
• Ensure 85% satisfaction achieved for clients and customers.
• Complete 100% of actions on time and to expected quality and internal colleagues
• 100% identified projects delivered on time
The ideal intern will be educated to degree level with an interest in business, support services, quality management, organisational development or related field. You will be a proactive, results-driven individual who always goes the extra mile to get the job done. You will be open and honest and able to deal professionally with confidential materials. You will be reliable, fair and have strong listening skills.
The successful graduate will be innovative and have the mind of an entrepreneur; passionate about creating a growing business which benefits all its stakeholders. You will be highly organised, have a strong attention to detail and be able to prioritise and manage your own workload. You’ll think growth, quality and above all, community.
Closing date for applications is 5 July 2015, 5pm
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.