Do you love to research, learn new skills and devise ways to improve things? Would you enjoy producing results that will help you get your next full-time post? Then Hostel Hub could be the internship for you.
£7.85 per hour for 20-25 hrs per week, for 12 weeks
January start date
Hostel Hub (HH) helps communities start up boutique hostels. Throughout the UK, they turn rundown buildings and derelict spaces into beautiful, 5-star hostels that are so amazing, people come from all over the world just to visit.
Hostel Hub are expanding into England and Wales from their base in Scotland and need the passion, skills and determination from an intern who’s interested in marketing and learning how to grow a social enterprise from startup to well-established success.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
• Implement social media strategy: Use Twitter, Tweriod, Hootsuite and LinkedIn to engage our target audiences.
• Assist with website management: Help manage our redesigned Wordpress site with tools like Google Analytics, and Google Webmaster.
• Create contact database: Identify best tool for managing contacts and then upload and organise all contacts so it’s easy to use.
• Organise expenses and receipt system: Become familiar with tools such as Freshbooks and organise how HH manages its invoicing and expenses
• Conduct market research: Research potential partners such as architects, interior designers, suppliers to collaborate with on hostel projects. Research competitors, including pricing and services provided.
Hostel Hub invest a lot into their interns, using tools like StrengthsFinder and in-depth discussions to help you identify what you’re best at and develop it. HH are results-orientated, so they will make sure that the work you do will teach you valuable new skills. Work hard and they’ll sing your praises, doing everything they can to help you get an outstanding full-time post -- perhaps even with them.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level with a background in marketing, social media, business, admin or related discipline. You will be highly organised and hard-working, passionate to move forward, learn new things and develop your skills. You should be up for a challenge and committed to giving your best.
You should have a working understanding of social media management for business purposes as well as some IT skills. You should be a confident communicator, happy to contact various potential partners both in writing and in person/over the phone. Previous experience of Wordpress, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster and/or Freshbooks would be highly advantageous.
Closing date for applications is 11 January 2015, 5pm.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. how your skills/experience match the requirements of the job. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.