Due to open in 2018, V&A Museum of Design Dundee will be the first ever dedicated design museum for Scotland, an international centre for design innovation, a place of inspiration, fun and learning. Designed by world-renowned architect Kengo Kuma, the museum will be housed in a spectacular new building at the heart of a £1 billion transformation of Dundee’s waterfront.
£15,210 per annum
Full-time, 9.00am-5.30pm, Monday – Friday (37.5 hours) for 12 months
Ideal start: September 2015
V&A Dundee will host major exhibitions, celebrate our design heritage, inspire and promote contemporary talent, and encourage design innovation for the future. Unlike any other museum in Scotland, V&A Dundee will focus on the everyday impact of design – how it improves lives, solves problems and makes the world more beautiful and fun. V&A Dundee aims to educate, entertain and generate new creativity and innovation across Scotland.
V&A Dundee is being delivered by Design Dundee Ltd (DDL), a ground-breaking partnership between the V&A, the University of Dundee, Abertay University, Scottish Enterprise and Dundee City Council.
The Audiences & Media team has a dedicated role to promote V&A Dundee, its brand, role, vision and wide-ranging programmes which engage audiences. This includes brand management, marketing communications, media relations, digital communications and audience research.
About the Internship:
This is a fantastic position in a fast-paced start-up organisation. We are looking for an early career graduate with a strong interest in design and the cultural sector, who can effectively manage a diverse workload in a busy marketing communications environment. The post will involve balancing a range of projects, working to tight deadlines, and a high level of attention to detail. For the successful applicant, the internship will provide an exciting opportunity to gain experience in a dynamic and exciting environment delivering one of the most exciting cultural projects in the UK today.
The Marketing & Communication Coordinator will provide assistance to the Audiences and Media department to raise the profile of V&A Dundee and drive visits and engagement with its programmes.
- Provide support to the department to co-ordinate and deliver marketing and communication plans in line with corporate priorities
- Create copy and content for releases, posts, blogs, printed and e-newsletters and internal communications as appropriate
- Maintain the media monitoring service and provide reports on coverage
- Research and develop targeted media distribution lists, identifying prospective titles, journalists and bloggers
- Assist with the creation, population and management of digital content and event listings on social media channels, our website, third party websites and apps
- Assist the department to monitor and report on digital activity and research and identify new social platforms and opportunities
- Co-ordinate stakeholder and media events
- Provide any other support for the Audiences & Media department as required
The ideal graduate will be educated to degree level or equivalent in marketing, communications or a related discipline with a knowledge of marketing, communications and digital promotions. You will have a top line understanding of V&A Dundee and our aims. Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail are essential.
Candidates must have:
- Excellent written and spoken communications
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, database management, social media channels and management
- The ability to manage time and resources effectively and the ability to multi task
- An ability to respond positively to tight deadlines
- Experience of analysing and reporting on data and results
- A strong interest in and knowledge of design
To deliver services effectively, a degree of flexibility is needed and willingness to work non-traditional hours when required. DDL operates flexi-time and time off in lieu policies. The post-holder may be required to deliver tasks not specifically referred to above.
Closing date for applications is 21 August 2015.
Interviews will be held on 27 August 2015
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do not accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.