£8.75 per hour
Part-Time (20 hours per week) for 12 weeks (contract extension on review)
Closing date: 13 March 2018, 12 noon
Interview date: w/c 19 March 2018
About the Company
Founded by award-winning Stand Up Comedian Anna Devitt, DirectDevitt delivers ‘Comedy & Confidence’ workshops and SQA accredited qualifications to young people and adults all over the Central Belt of Scotland. Working with many well-known establishments, such as The Princes’ Trust, Young Enterprise Scotland, and various local authorities, DirectDevitt has seen increasing numbers of young people attend its workshops.
DirectDevitt is a young and successful company and has, in its short time, achieved significant accolades that have helped its growth, including Business Woman of the Year (Start-Up Business), Scottish Edge’s first ever CreativeEdge winner, and the Renfrewshire Chamber of Commerce’s Enterprise in Educations Award. Following the triumphs of 2017, DirectDevitt is looking to grow further and to reach more people to inspire confidence through comedy.
For more information on the vision and values of the company visit directdevittcomedyconfidence.com.
As a Marketing and Communications Intern with DirectDevitt, you will be working with the existing team in providing central support and ensuring the growth and development of the brand through various marketing methods. You will also be working on communications including content creation and publishing.
Tasks involved in this role include, but are not exclusive to:
• Social Media marketing on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook to encourage engagement with the brand
• Managing and updating the company website with news and information as well as creating appropriate content, such as case studies
• Designing and writing monthly newsletters and email marketing campaigns for our clients and for our attendees
• Attending events around the Central Belt to promote and represent DirectDevitt
• Assisting with the organisation of events, such as alumni events
• Carrying out content marketing
• Writing press releases and maintaining good relationships with key journalist contacts
• Building and maintaining relationships with organisations and clients interested in our workshops
• Support in designing material for DirectDevitt, including course and workshop material
• Any other duties relating to the role
The ideal candidate will have a background in marketing, communications, business studies or related field. Candidates with other degrees are welcome to apply, but it is essential that you demonstrate knowledge of managing brand identity, as well as key marketing trends and methods.
The following skills are central to the successful completion of the role:
• Excellent and confident use of spoken and written language
• Some experience in writing copy
• Previous experience of web content management and email marketing
• Confident using a range of social media platforms for brand communication including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn
• Some experience using SEO analytics to drive marketing strategy
• Some experience in digital community development and customer service
• Experience using WordPress is required
• Ideally, you should also have experience using Adobe InDesign or equivalent creative suite products as these are used in creating our marketing material
• Self-motivated and able to effectively manage your time and prioritise multiple projects
The ideal candidate would also have excellent soft skills and enjoy dealing with people. Imperative to this position is a firm belief in the vision and values of DirectDevitt. A good cultural fit with the company ethos is essential, as the right candidate would essentially be creating their own role within the company. An extension of the contract after the initial 3-month internship placement is possible but is not promised.
Closing date for applications is 13 March 2018, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and covering letter through the Adopt An Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job specifications. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.