Edinburgh City Private Hire Ltd is an innovative fresh Private Hire Taxi operator based in Edinburgh and West Lothian. Specialising in the supply of Private Hire Taxi’s to both the domestic and corporate market place.
£7.85 per hour. full-time, 40 hours per week for 12 weeks
The Marketing and Social Media Intern will play an active role in the development of Edinburgh City Private Hire’s online community. The intern will maintain the ECPH presence across various social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest), whilst helping to create and publish content that is relevant to their consumer and corporate profile. The intern will be responsible for regularly analysing and reporting on the activity across the platforms. They will also assist in maintaining the ECPH archive of images, video and other content.
The intern will learn how to reach communities and promote events, products and services through the Internet, gaining experience in social media platforms and the tools used to manage their performance.
The responsibilities of the intern will fall under four main projects:
• Updating Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram accounts
• Responding to posts or comments to bring value to the ECPH customer
• Posting updates, news and announcements in a timely manner
• Performing research to find articles, stories and other content that is relevant to our customer base and post it in a way that encourage conversation and discussion. (Liaising with a base of operators on the road for a relevant content vase of material for use within the various social media platforms.)
• Growing the ECPH social networks by increasing fan base and interactions
• Taking pictures and video to be developed into appropriate content
• Uploading videos and images to the appropriate Dropbox account
• Organising and archiving digital media images and video
• Regularly observing the online activity of model businesses
• Researching and reporting on social media best practices to the Director responsible
• Completing other research as required
Analytics & Reporting
• Using Google Analytics to assess trends and activity on the ECPH and associated companies websites
• Using Facebook and Twitter analytics to gain insight and assess trends on the respective social media pages
• Reviewing data on the performance of social media platforms and adjust plans and strategy to optimise reach to the ECPH customer base.
Other duties will include maintaining the relevance of website information and updating content where and when required. The intern will occasionally be required to liaise with relevant media person(s) and/ or other relevant organisation and businesses representing ECPH with various media and leads follow up.
The ideal graduate will be a creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration. You should be detail orientated with strong written and verbal communication skills and a passion for digital marketing. You will be highly organised and able to manage your own time effectively to meet deadlines. Previous experience of Google Analytics and managing social media for a business would be highly regarded.
Closing date for applications Thursday 12 March 2015, 5pm.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.