Location: RBS Entrepreneurial Hub, Gogarburn, Edinburgh
Part-time (21 h/w), for 4 months
22 August start
Closing date: 18 July 2016
About the Company
Scottish EDGE is a competition aimed at identifying and supporting Scotland’s up-and-coming, innovative, high-growth potential, entrepreneurial talent. Led by a Board of seasoned entrepreneurs, bankers and public sector supporters, Scottish EDGE is a £5m+ fund endowed by serial entrepreneur Sir Tom Hunter, the Royal Bank of Scotland PLC and the Scottish Government.
Scottish EDGE is about entrepreneurs, their businesses, and their ambition and thirst for making those businesses succeed. Find out more on scotedge.com
As a Marketing and Communications Assistant Intern with Scottish EDGE you will be involved with:
• Social Media marketing on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook to encourage engagement
• Managing and updating the website with news and information as well as creating case studies and other appropriate content
• Designing and writing monthly newsletters and email marketing campaigns
• Attending events to promote Scottish EDGE
• Assisting with the organisation of quarterly Alumni Events and bi-annual Finals
• Carrying out content marketing
• Writing press releases and maintaining good relationships with key journalist contacts
• Building and maintaining relationships with Alumni and other ecosystem organisations
• Designing brochures and programmes for our bi-annual competitions, following our brand guidelines and with the assistance of our creative partner
• Any other duties relating to the role
The ideal candidate will have a background in marketing, communications, business studies or related field. You should be confident when using a range of social media platforms (specifically, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn) to carry out brand communication, digital community development, customer service and audience development. Experience using WordPress is required. You must also have experience using Adobe InDesign and other Creative Suite products in order to design our brochures and programmes.
Candidates must be self-motivated with great attention to detail and have the ability and a passion for writing copy of a high standard. Highly organised, you will possess a strong attention to detail, be able to effectively time manage and prioritise when working on multiple projects at once. Previous experience of web content management, email marketing and event organisation would be beneficial.
Closing date for applications is 18 July 2016, 12 noon.
Interviews will be held on 3 August 2016
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.