£18,000 per annum pro rata
Full-time*, for 6 months (Fixed-Term Contract)
Closing date: 11 September 2017, noon
Interview Date: Monday 18 September 2017
About the Company
The Royal Society of Edinburgh, Scotland’s National Academy is an educational charity, registered in Scotland, operating on a wholly independent and non-party-political basis and providing public benefit throughout Scotland. We were established in 1783 and since then have drawn upon the considerable strengths and varied expertise of our Fellows, of which there are currently around 1600, who are based in Scotland, the rest of the UK and beyond.
Unlike similar organisations in the rest of the UK, our Fellowship includes people from a wide range of disciplines - science & technology, arts, humanities, social science, business and public service. This breadth of expertise makes us unique in the UK. The time which our Fellows spend in supporting and enabling the delivery of our activities is an exceptional free resource, the annual public value of which is in excess of £1 million.
We are currently looking to recruit a new Marketing & Communications Assistant to support the PR, Marketing & Communications activities to maximise the quality, reach and effectiveness of RSE publicity and communications.
Reporting to the Deputy Chief Executive, the key tasks involved for the post holder are as follows:
• To help improve the reporting of RSE media coverage to interested parties
• To help analyse the RSE’s current output on social media, assist in the development of a social media strategy and work to implement that strategy
• To help increase the impact of the RSE website maximising search engine optimisation and growing traffic
• To monitor the impact of the RSE website through the evaluation of information such as Google analytics, working closely with the Impact Officer.
• To assist in the compilation and collation of content for RSE electronic and print publications
• To create and evaluate key customer/client surveys and to maintain mailing lists for RSE audiences
• To help develop the marketing and promotion of the Enterprise Fellowship scheme
• To assist in the development of engaging case studies and content for marketing/impact usage
• To help develop marketing materials and channels to promote RSE activities and to assist with brand monitoring across the organisation.
(*) 35 hours per week, Mon-Fri, 9.00-5.00 with 1 hour unpaid for lunch. Occasional work will be required out-with these normal hours Requirements You will be able to demonstrate an understanding and experience of digital marketing techniques and the use of Social Media in the workplace. You will have excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills.
For a full copy of the role description please see here.
You will be able to demonstrate an understanding and experience of digital marketing techniques and the use of Social Media in the workplace. You will have excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills. You should demonstrate your ability to prioritise and achieve deadlines. You should be well motivated with the ability to work flexibly as part of a small team.
The following IT skills are essential for the role:
• Microsoft Word (Intermediate level)
• Microsoft Excel (intermediate level)
• Microsoft PowerPoint (Intermediate level)
• Microsoft Outlook (All skills)
• Integra Database (to be developed on the job)
• Some familiarity with desktop publishing software such as Quark, InDesign & Photoshop is essential.
This is an excellent opportunity for a graduate or returner to make a real impact in an established educational charity.
The closing date for application is Monday 11 September 2017, noon.
Interviews will take place on Monday 18 September 2017.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the AAI online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.