£15,500 - £17,000 p/a
Full-time, for 12 months, with potential for permanent role
Closing date: 2 March 2017, noon
About the Company
Scottish Slimmers was founded as a local slimming class in Aberdeen, Scotland in 1980. Based in Aberdeen, the company now exists as a network of over 400 weekly slimming classes, offering highly-specialised and quality services to promote long-term, healthy, weight loss through nutritional advice and small positive changes in lifestyle and behaviour.
The role of Marketing Executive’s objective is to promote Scottish Slimmers classes and online service and it will include:
• Internet, Email and Social Media Marketing
• Multi-dimensional Media Marketing Campaigns
• Website Content Management
• Writing articles for all types of press and including our member magazine
• General Public Relations management
• Editorial Assistant duties
• Event Management
• Manage Facebook and Twitter accounts/pages; answer questions; post/share messages
• Maintain Scottish Slimmers Forum (internal website)
• Research to keep abreast of new ways of communicating with our community.
• Manage You Tube – creating training films, communicate new videos
• Communicate new products, services etc on FB and Twitter
• Set up competitions on FB and Twitter, choose winners, communicate with winners, send prizes
• Interviewing/writing success stories for national, local, internal media
• Issue press releases as required to local and national press for success stories/new services etc
• Write feature articles for newspapers and magazines
• Write for magazine inserts/organise images/recipes
• Organise photo shoots and maintain library of images
• Local PR – help Class Managers promote classes in their local area via FB, websites, press releases
• Coordinate annual Slimmer of the Year competition
• Promote SOY internally and externally
• Manage database for entries
• Communicate with entrants
• Communicate winners on FB/Twitter/Media
• Write up copy for semi finalists
• Organise Semi Final/Final and manage the overall delivery of the event on the day
• Write/gather images and post new articles
• Upload articles to website and social media platforms
• Maintain webstore
• Manage forum – answer questions/post new products etc/research polls
• Working within the team to support the marketing of the network of classes
• Assist with the development of marketing processes over time.
• Contribute ideas for improving marketing standards and processes.
• Perform market, competitor and internal research
• Providing a positive, friendly and efficient interface with marketing department customers
• Placing advertising and answering advertising sales calls.
Starting salary of £15,500-£17,000 is dependent on skill-set and experience. This is a 12 month placement with real potential for a permanent role thereafter.
Holiday entitlement: 25 days plus 5 public holidays and 6 Christmas holidays
The ideal candidate will be creative and well-motivated with a background in marketing or work experience within a similar role. They will be skilled in writing copy and designing engaging marketing material and therefore excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
IT/technical experience is essential; Social media, Website content management, PowerPoint, some experience with customer management systems. A knowledge or interest in healthy lifestyle/weight loss management would be advantageous.
Closing date for applications is 2 March 2017, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the AAI online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.