As an Intern you will work closely with the communications team in delivering a busy and innovative communications service. You will help with the collection and preparation of content and provide support to the team in their delivery of internal and external communications campaigns.
Location: Eastwood Park, Rouken Glen Rd, Glasgow
£7.85 per hour
Full-time hours for 6 months
Ideal start: 19 October 2015
The communications team are responsible for advertising and marketing events and activities within East Renfrewshire. In this role you will be required to provide admin, marketing, digital, design, print and events support for activities, including the lighting festival- Electric Glen. Additional responsibilities will include managing and updating the Electric Glen website.
• Providing general administrative support to the communications team including the processing of purchase orders and invoices.
• Providing marketing campaign support for East Renfrewshire’s lighting festival- Electric Glen. This includes managing the Electric Glen website and social media accounts.
• Assisting with the planning and delivery of internal and external communications campaigns.
• Assist with the ongoing development of the external website and intranet by regularly updating & reviewing content through CMS.
• Provide cover in central print to assist in the printing and finishing of print jobs.
• Monitoring and responding to email communications to the communications inbox and press office inbox.
• Updating the teams design job tracker on a daily basis and assisting the production officer in managing jobs for print.
• Assist with the press office duties including photocalls.
• Copy writing and proof-reading.
• Assisting designers on design jobs.
• Creating multi-media presentations.
• Scouring images and maintaining the photography database.
The ideal intern will be educated to degree level, preferably with a background in Communications, Advertising & Marketing or any other relevant discipline. You should also be able to demonstrate the following skills:
• Excellent communicator
• Strong copy writing skills
• Ability to organise own work effectively, prioritising competing workloads and working to tight timescales
• Competent using IT, including experience of using Microsoft Office (particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and website content management systems
• Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with a diverse range of people in a team environment
• Keen interest in digital communications including content management social media and excellent working knowledge of Facebook and Twitter
• A good understanding of what is required to create a successful integrated marketing campaign
• Experience in creating multimedia presentations and films
• Experience in working at a large scale event
• Experience in using Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience in using marketing insight tools
• Photography Skills
Closing date for applications is 2 October 2015, 12noon.
Interviews will take place on 9 October 2015.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. How you meet the requirements of the job specification. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.