£8.25 per hour
Part-time (for a total of 240 hours)
Ideal start: January 2016
The Hug and Pint is Glasgow’s newest music venue. Situated at 171 Great Western Road, in the Woodlands area of the west-end, the aim is to bring a much-needed live music scene to a neighbourhood with a rapidly growing nightlife.
Developed as a collaboration between Brian Reynolds (Synergy Concerts) and Colin Campbell (The Squid & Whale) The Hug and Pint brings together an excellent selection of food & drink to keep your tummy happy with the best local and touring artists to please your ears.
Within this role your main tasks will be to support in the marketing, production and booking of performers/bands in the smooth running of a busy music venue.
• Managing booking enquiries and coordinating liaisons in a professional manner.
• Involvement in planning events e.g. booking support bands, event promotion
• Demonstrating creativity in providing ideas for events and local band nights.
• Creating interest in marketing activities for events. Monitoring all social channels and maintaining current and engaging content.
• Investigating and keeping up to date with the music scene and upcoming local bands.
• Carrying out a range of other assignments and duties as required by the business.
Please note that you will be expected to work irregular hours. The successful graduate will work between the Synergy Office and on site at events across Scotland (mostly in Glasgow).
The ideal candidate will be a fast learner with strong attention to detail and a background or interest in music, design, marketing, mathematics, computing or any other related creative discipline. You should be IT proficient and have confidence using a range of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram). You’ll also need to demonstrate an excellent standard of written and oral communication; be comfortable meeting clients; and presenting ideas to the team.
If you are creative, hard working and energetic then we want to hear from you! The Hug and Pint are particularly interested in those who are passionate about music and events.
The closing date for applications is 10 December 2015, 12noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. How you meet the requirements of the job specification. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.