The Scottish Association of Landlords (SAL) is looking for a keen graduate to join their Membership and Events team.
Full-time (35 hours per week). Permanent role
Ideal start: ASAP
The SAL Membership and Events team runs the membership services of the organisation as well as two large scale conference and trade shows per year: National Landlord Day in November and the Agency Business in May. Year round they run smaller scale local branch meetings all over Scotland, these are hosted by local branch reps located in the local areas. The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of membership and events work, allowing the right individual to develop their skills in an interesting and challenging work environment.
Within this role your main tasks will be:
• Supporting the membership and events team in all activities
• Answering incoming calls – membership queries, passing on members for advice service, taking payments for membership and events
• Assist with event marketing
• Outgoing customer care calls
• Emails and membership reminders
• Membership database administration
• Managing office meeting room bookings spreadsheet
• Invoicing for membership and events
• Updating social media and web pages
• Keeping local trades lists up to date
• Working on site at both conferences
• Work on development of membership recruitment projects
Extra hours will be required on both conference days (one November and one May) and will be paid.
Holidays 5.6 weeks statutory paid holiday including public holidays.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level with a background in events, business or related field. You must be highly organised and self-motivated, always willing to go the extra mile to get the job done to a high standard. You should have excellent IT skills, including the use of MS Office. Previous experience in a customer care environment is desirable. You must be confident in dealing with various customers, in person and via other methods of communication such as email or phone, therefore a good telephone manner is essential.
You will be able to work as part of a team, but also be confident to work independently and manage your own workload.
Closing date for applications is 11 August 2015, 5pm.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. how you meet the requirements of the post. Please tell us the location you would wish to work in if you have a preference. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.