£16,500 per annum
Permanent, full-time, 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, one hour lunch break
Starting Date: 1 April 2016
About the Company
The Scottish Association of Landlords (SAL) support landlords and letting agents throughout Scotland. Whatever scale you operate on, from those renting out a single property to managers of the largest agency portfolios, we can help you. Our top five member services are:
1. Letting helpline - your questions answered by our experts. Everything from rent arrears or legally ending a tenancy to details of landlords' obligations on property standards.
2. Avoid the potential pitfalls of letting property by learning new skills at free training sessions.
3. Download trusted paperwork 24/7 including tenancy agreements, notice to quit and letting factsheets.
4. Join our campaigns to make your voice heard by politicians making the laws which affect us.
5. Connect with other local members via local meetings ... and much more!
We seek a full time person to join the SAL membership and events team. This team runs the membership services of the organisation as well as two large scale conference and trade shows per year: National Landlord Day in November and the Agency Business in May. Year round we run smaller scale local branch meetings all over Scotland. The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of membership administration and will also be asked to assist with occasional events related work. The role will allow the right individual to develop their skills in a very busy, interesting and challenging work environment. The Membership Assistant’s main tasks will include:
• Supporting the membership and events team in all activities
• Answering incoming calls
• Taking membership queries by phone and email and passing on members for advice service
• Taking payments for membership and events
• Outgoing customer care calls
• Emails and membership reminders
• Membership database administration
• Managing office meeting room bookings spreadsheet
• Invoicing for membership and events
• Updating social media and web pages
• Keeping local trades lists up to date
• Working on site at both conferences
• Work on development of membership recruitment projects
The ideal candidate will be a very well organised and self motivated individual. You must have excellent IT skills and good telephone manner. Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English are also essential.
Previous experience in any customer care environment is desirable but not essential.
Please note that extra hours (paid) will be required on both conference days (one in November and one in May). You are entitled to 5.6 weeks of statutory paid holiday including public holidays. The role is located in our main office at Hopetoun Gate, Edinburgh. You will be reporting to the Operations’ Director.
Closing date for applications is 1 March 2016, 12 noon.
Interviews are scheduled for 10 March 2016
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.