£10.00 per hour
Part-Time, 3 days a week, for 12 weeks (Contract extension upon review)
Closing date: 26 September 2017, noon
Interviews date: 5 October 2017
About the Company
The Scottish Business Resilience Centre is a unique organisation comprising contributions and secondments from Police Scotland, Scottish Government, Scottish Fire and Rescue Service, major banks, industries, investors and private membership.
The SBRC aims to provide their members with a wide-ranging one-stop shop for business security services and advice. The organisation is an established hub of innovation and business improvement, supporting their partners and the wider business community.
The team is a mix of office staff and seconded police officers. More information on the SBRC, their values, and their team can be found on their website.
The SBRC is looking for a confident, organised individual to join the team as a Membership Coordinator. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, your duties will include administration, business development, promotion and database maintenance, as well as supporting the team with membership engagement and retention.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Database & Website
• Maintaining membership CRM database (update records, processing renewals/new members, running reports/queries/exports, keeping track of membership renewal dates)
• Maintaining and updating members area of the website, including Members Lounge access and member logos on the website.
• Assisting with management of membership including facilitating membership packs
• Creating, sending and reporting on, membership surveys & engagement
• Keeping track of and chasing payment of invoices
• Supporting the requirements of the Membership team (merchandise, supplies, meeting room bookings etc.)
• Taking notes at team membership meetings, distributing minutes and keeping track of progress
• Assisting with and attending events to promote membership
• Handling general membership enquiries
• Writing membership copy for web/newsletter/Mailchimp/member specific social media content. Assisting with creation of bi-monthly newsletter, including collating and formatting member articles, keeping mailing list up-to-date and distribution
• Managing the membership mailing list (post and Mailchimp)
• Assisting with mail shots to businesses
The ideal candidate will be a good team player, with excellent communication and writing skills, and have a high level of attention to detail. Previous experience in managing databases, Microsoft Office, and using E-newsletter systems (Mailchimp), is desirable, but not essential.
The ideal candidate will have a relevant business degree, including sales and marketing. The candidate will also have excellent soft skills and enjoy dealing with people.
This exclusive 3-month internship is an excellent opportunity to gain invaluable practical experience in business development, administration and client account management. Within this role you will have the opportunity to expand your professional network, whilst empowering a dynamic and innovative organisation.
There is potential for a contract extension after the placement that is to be negotiated upon review, as the right candidate would essentially be creating their own role within the company through their business development efforts.
Closing date for applications is 26 September 2017, noon.
Interviews will be held on 5 October 2017.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the AAI online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.APPLY