Feel like you’re stuck in a rut? Sent off hundreds of applications but still no job?
We might just have the answer…
AAI’s Graduate Mentoring is here to help! The aim of the programme is to pair struggling graduates with industry experts; professionals with the skills and experience to support under- and unemployed graduates move nearer to the job of their dreams…
How does Graduate Mentoring work?
AAI like to keep things personal and our mentoring scheme reflects this. If successful, you’ll be paired for a 3-month period with a mentor, whose professional experience and skills match your career aspirations. Being placed with a mentor doesn't guarantee you a job however, your mentor will be there to ask and answer questions, help you recognise life choices and consider how you can realistically get to where you want to go. Our mentors are volunteers, so will be able to spend a few hours with you each month. This is all about your professional development so how you use that time is up to you. Contacting your mentor is also very flexible. We’ll make the initial introduction but after that the ball is in your court. You could talk to your mentor via email, phone, Skype or meet up for coffee – whatever suits you both.
What kind of mentors do you have?
AAI sources its mentors from all sectors and all job types. We have mentors with several decades of political policy experience, HR specialists with in-depth knowledge of professional recruitment processes and life-time entrepreneurs whose experience of the business world could rival Richard Branson’s. What all of our mentors have in common is an interest in youth employment and a real desire to help.
Is there an eligibility criteria?
• be unemployed or underemployed (i.e. not in graduate level job) for the last 6 months
• be able to demonstrate unsuccessful pursuit of graduate jobs
• be entitled to legally work in the UK
• have applied (and been unsuccessful) for at least one AAI internship in the past (remember to ask for that important feedback!)
• have studied at a Scottish university or high school
How do I apply to get a Graduate Mentor?
Applying for a Graduate Mentor is easy:
1. Click 'Apply for mentor' and complete the form below.
2. We'll then email you to let you know we've received your application and ask you to send an up to date version of your CV.
3. We’ll check for available mentors and be in touch if and when we have a mentor ready for you to be paired with.
If you have any further questions just ask!