This project has now been completed.
Adopt an Intern was delighted to partner with Museums Galleries Scotland in 2013 to help place 20 paid graduate interns in galleries and museums across the country.
With over 2000 applications the project was a huge success and the 20 talented interns will spend 12 months working within one of the following host museums:
- The University of Aberdeen: Museum Intern (Collections)
- Dumfries and Galloway Council: Collections Intern
- University of Dundee: Museum Collections Intern
- East Ayrshire Council (Dick Institute): Collection Care Intern
- City of Edinburgh Council Museums and Galleries: Volunteer Co-ordinator Intern
- University of Edinburgh: Collections Intern
- Fife Cultural Trust (Kirkcaldy): Museum Collections Intern
- Fife Cultural Trust (Pittencrief/Dunfermline): Volunteer Co-ordinator Intern
- Glasgow Life (GoMA): GENERATION young people audience engagement and co-production Intern
- Glasgow Life (Glasgow Museums Resource Centre): Volunteer & Placement Co-ordinator Intern
- The Hunterian: Natural Sciences Collections Intern
- Inverclyde Council (McLean Gallery): Learning & Outreach Intern
- National Museums Scotland: Partnerships & Access intern
- National Trust Scotland: NTS Volunteer Management Internship
- Orkney Islands Council and Pier Arts Centre: Gallery & Museums intern
- Perth and Kinross Council: Digital & Collections Intern
- Scottish Borders Council & Trimontium Museum Trust: Collections and Interpretation Intern
- Scottish Maritime Museum: Learning Access intern
- South Lanarkshire Leisure and Culture: Museum Intern
- Stirling Smith Art Gallery & Museum: Collections and Digital Cataloguing Intern.
This project has now been completed, however we continue to offer paid internships at many other museums and galleries throughout the year on our current opportunities page.