£8.25 per hour
Full-time, for 12 weeks
13 June - 2 September 2016
Closing date: 20 May 2016, 12 noon
About the Organisation
The vision of The Church of Scotland is to be a church which seeks to inspire the people of Scotland and beyond with the Good News of Jesus Christ through enthusiastic worshipping, witnessing, nurturing and serving communities.
The Church of Scotland is one of the largest organisations in the country. We have over 400,000 members, with more regularly involved in local congregations and our work. Within the organisation, we have around 800 ministers serving in parishes and chaplaincies, supported by more than 1500 professional and administrative staff. Most of our parishes are in Scotland, but there are also churches in England, Europe and overseas.
The Church of Scotland works with communities worldwide. At the heart of our work to achieve these aims is one of the largest organisations in Scotland that has a pivotal role in Scottish society and indeed religion throughout the world.
An enthusiastic graduate is now sought to join the Congregational Learning Team as an Events Intern. Reporting to the Young People and Young Adult’s Development Worker (YPYADW) the main tasks and responsibilities of this post will include:
• Supporting the YPYADW’s in their role as NYA event manager
• Working with the event manager on managing timelines, helping to ensure project pace is maintained and things are delivered on time
• Co-ordinating event logistics working with the staff and volunteer teams
• Liaising with suppliers to ensure deadlines are met, instructions followed, and items delivered to a high standard
• Producing the printed event programme
• Engaging with the Communications Team and NYA moderator regarding media coverage
• Engaging with others about the event through social media – before, during and after
• Be at the event as part of the team 19 to 22 August 2016
• Co-ordinating event evaluation
The ideal candidate will have experience of running events (this would include organising university clubs and events).A degree in Event Management is desirable. Experience in working with young adults (17-25 years old) and a working knowledge of the Church of Scotland would be also beneficial.
You should be social media literate and attentive to detail with an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Publisher, Outlook). Experience of MS Project would be also be ideal. In order to be considered for the position you should also have very good interpersonal skills as the role will require to work with different groups and agencies.
The ideal applicant will be an effective organiser, flexible, adaptable and approachable, and able to co-ordinate several aspects of an event simultaneously. You should also be an effective team member, able to follow instructions and use your own initiative.
Closing date for applications is 20 May 2016, 12 noon.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 8 June 2016.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.