£8.25 per hour
24 hours per week for 10 weeks (flexibility with candidate is preferred*)
Ideal start: 11th January 2016
The Academy of Make-up is like no other school, it's a home for those who love make-up and hair styling to come together, learn and have fun.
The Academy of Make-up is an Art School which is proud to be different from the establishment. Their classes are practical and taught with a passion and energy that is contagious and inspiring.
As they grow as a business, The Academy of Make-up is looking for an intelligent intern to help to ensure the business runs smoothly and efficiently and help them to deliver the best customer service possible. As they are a small team, this means that the intern will be given the opportunities to take their own initiative, and may have the opportunity to stay with them after the internship has been completed.
Within this role the Intern’s main duties will include:
• assisting on the smooth operation of The Academy of Make-up day-to-day
• preparation for courses held - ensuring the studio is clean and prepped, products and brushes are cleaned and ready for use, handouts/paperwork are printed and ready, models are booked for classes, equipment is in working order
• keeping both the office and studio well stocked of products and equipment - being in charge of ensuring products are bought and handling cash and receipts
• handling and answering of enquiries via email and telephone, ensuring customer service is of the highest standard at all times
• giving students a welcome phone call before their course begins
• having a good knowledge of The Academy of Make-up, the courses run, upcoming plans, the tutors and team members
• communicating to and with team members well
• assisting with Social Media
*The intern will ideally work the following times/days:
9.30am-3.30pm x4 days a week - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
The successful graduate must be very comfortable and confident in customer service related role. You must have strong email and telephone etiquette as making and answering phone calls to/with customers and students is an essential part of this role. You must be fluent in conducting and replying to emails and enquiries, therefore excellent grammar and spelling is required.
You will be IT literate, working on a Mac and with Gmail, and using programmes such as Pages, Excel and Word. The intern should have their own laptop to work on.
You will be able to use your own initiative when carrying out tasks and plan ahead with your duties. You must be hardworking, enthusiastic and have fantastic organisational skills. You will be flexible with working days and understand the importance of courses running smoothly and work to the highest standard to ensure they do.
The individual will undergo some training, but must be a quick learner with good common sense to be left alone on some tasks. The individual must be able to work well in a small team and enjoy the benefits of working in a creative and fun environment. An interest in make-up artistry and hair styling would be helpful. Applicants with previous office/admin experience will be highly regarded.
Closing date for applications is 27 November 2015, 12noon.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 12noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do not accept e-mail applications unless otherwise.