Investors in People Scotland (IIPS) are recognised as specialists in leading and managing people, helping organisations within Scotland and beyond to improve, using the IIP framework.
£16,000 per annum. Full-time until January 2015.
IIPS provide a tailored approach for forward-looking organisations offering direct impact and a high return. They look to engage with forward looking organisations that:
- Are committed to people
- Understand the importance of Leading and Managing people
- Want to achieve its vision and business objectives/priorities
- Are looking for support to improve, develop and diversify
- Are committed to developing people in line with their business objectives
- Are actively seeking to continually improve
- Want to grow and develop
IIPS wish to recruit a graduate Operations Co-ordinator to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing administrative support across the organisation and in particular to the Chief Executive with full diary management.
Office Administrative Support
- To ensure the IIPS client database is accurate and up to date
- To effectively manage distribution of IIP merchandise to clients including but not limited to certificates, plaques, and brochures
- To provide administrative support to the wider IIPS Team including mass marketing mailers (emails and letters)
- To help make an active contribution to improvement of procedures and projects throughout the organisation
- To be a point of contact for IIPS through the administration of the enquiries inbox and phones
- To actively participate in out of office IIPS events (e.g. conferences, area meeting, training, client events)
- To provide cover for colleagues
- To act as a role model for the IIPS core values
- To be responsible for all stationary and office supplies ordering, including management of the Stationary and Office Miscellaneous budgets
- First point of contact for any issues arising with office equipment, IT and phones and seeking appropriate solutions
- Managing and building relationships with suppliers
- Overall responsibility for the office environment ensuring that it presents the right image for both staff and external visitors and managing contracted cleaners.
Chief Executive and Diary Management Support and Leadership Team Support
- To manage the diary of the Chief Executive
- To arrange and prepare and support with IT and database for all meetings undertaken by the Chief Executive
- To co-ordinate IIPS Board meetings including distribution of Board Papers
- To co-ordinate all Aspire for Africa Board Meetings
- Preparing and setting up internal meetings for the Leadership team including team meetings, strategic meetings, performance meetings, board meetings.
- Arranging catering as and when required for internal meetings
The ideal graduate will be educated to degree level with a background in business or a related field. You must have strong communications skills, both written and verbal. You will be able to plan effectively to ensure successful coordination of events and be able to manage time to optimise productivity and ensure deadlines are met. You should be able to demonstrate a strong attention to detail whilst managing multiple tasks.
You will be adaptable and responsive to the needs of both internal and external customers, promoting the organisation in a positive way at all times. Previous experience of working with a range of IT applications is essential. You will be a confident team player, friendly and assertive.
You should be enthusiastic about continuous improvement and personal development. Previous experience within a consumer-focused organisation would be beneficial, though not essential. Any experience of call handling or working within an administration-based role would be advantageous.
Closing date for applications is 18 September 2014, 5pm.
Interviews will be held on 26 September.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. State a. your availability and b. How you meet the requirements of the job specification. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.