£8.25 p/hr, full time. 3 months initially, with potential extension for the right person.
Immediate start. Mostly home-based but with regular attendance at meetings in mainly Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Adopt an Intern (AAI) is a not-for-profit company specialising in the facilitation of paid internships for unemployed and underemployed graduates. We work with employers from all sectors across Scotland and beyond, advertising and shortlisting internship opportunities from (for example) a Landscape Architecture Assistant to a Data Analyst. We have placed over 1100 graduate interns over the last 5 years, 77% of whom have gone on to find permanent work in the sector of their choice (97% went on to a positive destination).
We have two groups of customers: employers, and those who might want to work for them. This dual-focus requires a careful balance in the use of our resources, which we achieve by listening carefully to the needs of those customers and responding in an agile and flexible manner. This way of working won us the RBS Customer Focus Award last month at the Scottish Business Awards.
Other activities that fit in with our core aim of furthering a culture of paid internships are undertaken wherever possible. Much more information can be found on our website: www.adoptanintern.org.uk
AAI’s small team has handled fast-paced organic growth over the last five years, and as a young ambitious company we have to continuously refine our internal and external communications to maintain our forward momentum. We currently wish to recruit an enthusiastic and creative graduate to bring their skills in the digital domain into the team.
Based around processes utilising NationBuilder and 123 Contact Form software systems, as well as the social media platforms of Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, this post is all about making sure accurate information is accumulated and disseminated in the most efficient and business friendly manner.
Your main duties in this role will be:
• Maintaining and developing the AAI website so that, whilst maintaining its practical purposes, it is easy and attractive for graduates and employers to use.
• Maintaining and developing the AAI NationBuilder CRM system so that it remains fit-for-purpose and continues to ease the flow of vital information within our team.
• Assisting in the day-to-day updating of the vacancies section of the AAI website, and maintaining our 123 Contact Form account to handle applications received in response
• Increasing the reach of our social media presence and producing content designed to drive people to the website, both measured against KPIs
• Producing e-flyers and other publicity material for use with different audiences
• Producing video testimonials and other videos for marketing and communications purposes
• Writing blogs for the website which are SEO driven while also very engaging
• Working on SEO, Pay Per Click advertising and GoogleAnalytics
• Assisting in the mining and analysis of data captured through our web-based application processes
• Assisting team members with projects and reports, as and when required
• Liaising with graduates, careers services and partners as and when required
• Attending meetings and workshops hosted by Adopt an Intern
This is a great opportunity to join a small yet dynamic team where ideas for improvement are always welcome, and in which your skills and abilities will be put to good use. Adopt an Intern are a very hands on team in which each member is encouraged to contribute and make their mark. We like curiosity about how things work and might work better, and we are proud to be an organisation that contributes to economic and personal growth wherever we work. Working with AAI you will be helped to develop new skills and knowledge vital to both your professional development and the future of the company.
The ideal candidate will have a commercial awareness and business acumen that drives them to stay focused and motivated whilst working on IT related projects that are vital for internal and external communications. They will have a love of details and the internal workings of things, yet be strong communicators in their verbal and written interactions. You will understand how technology, people and service delivery relate to each other and be interested in contributing ideas that will help AAI continuously refine and improve what they do for their two customer groups. You will be a confident communicator who can write engaging content to a very high standard. Skills in video editing and Photoshop (or similar) would be highly advantageous.
You will have a strong and demonstrable skill set around the use of websites (both content and infrastructure), social media channels, and databases. Attention to detail is essential, as is the ability to learn new software systems on the job. Experience of NationBuilder and 123 Contact Form systems would be marvellous. A knowledge of the potential for on-line presence to be used to generate attention and the methods to make this happen are essential. You should have working knowledge of SEO, PPC and Google Analytics.
We are not too hung up on what academic discipline you come from, as long as you are open to contributing ideas in a team environment, can generate content accurately and proof read thoroughly, and are not afraid to pick up the phone to communicate with colleagues and customers.
• You must have experience in maintaining the front and back end of websites
• You must have great attention to detail
• You must be interested in people as well as the technology which collects data about them
• You must understand the need for, and advantages of, working to targets and KPIs
• You must be able to motivate yourself to work hard, accurately and quickly
• You must be happy to work from home on your own, as well as with other members of the team at regular face-to-face meet-ups.
• You will need access to your own computer.
Closing date for applications is 20 December 2015, 12 noon. Interviews will take place on 22 December in Glasgow.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on the web site. All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State a) your availability b) relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the requirements above. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please note: Adopt an intern likes to stay in touch with applicants to see how they are faring with their internship/job search.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.APPLY