The Scottish Council for Development & Industry (SCDI) is an independent and inclusive economic development network which seeks to influence and inspire Government and key stakeholders with their ambitious vision to create sustainable economic growth for Scotland.
£7.85 per hour
3 days per week for 3 months
SCDI is looking for a talented intern to support the policy team on projects which will shape SCDI’s priorities and future policy development in Scotland, whilst offering an invaluable opportunity to develop a wide variety of skills, knowledge and experience to enhance your CV.
We are looking for a hard working individual with a keen interest in learning, who is able to grasp complex issues quickly and communicate these with confidence. Strong written and analytical skills are essential.
You will learn how to:
• Develop strong and impactful policy work with the SCDI team, members and stakeholders
• Forward plan, assisting the SCDI team
• Respond effectively to policy consultations from governments and others
• Plan and carry out large collaborative projects, including research and policy events
• Monitor the impact of policy work
• Interest in economic development and public policy in Scotland
• Strong communication skills, ranging from detailed literature reviews and research analysis to short and engaging materials for wider public dissemination
• Organised with an ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines
• Experience using quantitative and qualitative research techniques (desired but not essential)
Closing date for applications is 19 July 2015
Interviews week commencing 27 July 2015
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.