Byres Road Traders Association have been awarded funding by the Scottish Government to develop a proposal to establish a Business Improvement District in Byres Road.
£7.65 per hour, 20 hours per week for 3 months
Working as a Project Assistant you will carry out the following tasks:
- Managing/updating key contact database
- Setting up appointments with traders/local businesses and other organisations
- Attending meetings endorsing key benefits of the BID and engaging feedback regarding problems/solutions affecting Byres Road and its surrounds
- Taking minutes at key meetings and sending mail-outs to the BID contact list
- Updating the website with key BID material
- Assisting with the creation of a monthly newsletter
For further information on BIDs go to www.bids-scotland.com
The ideal candidate will have a background in Geography, Planning, Marketing or a related subject with knowledge/an interest in place making and urban development. Candidates from other degree disciplines with a proven interest in the above are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates should have excellent communication / interpersonal skills plus the ability to build rapport with people from different backgrounds and experience both in person and on the phone. Highly organised and confident you will have a flexible approach to work and will be happy working on your own initiative.
Good IT skills including the ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook will be required. The ability to use Adobe Photoshop / In Design is desirable but not essential.
Closing date for applications is 21 October 2014, 5pm.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.APPLY