£8.45 per hour
Part-time for 12 weeks
Closing Date: 7 August 2017, 12 noon
About the Company
Glow Arts is a creative and community consultancy company based in the East End of Glasgow. We specialise in working with individuals and organisations across the UK to develop their projects so that they can reach new and existing audiences.
Take a look at their website here.
As Project Assistant you will be involved with:
• Supporting the development and delivery of Glow Arts creative and research projects, and community based events
• Managing the day-to-day administration of the company including dealing with enquiries, and the organisation of basic financial and general business data
• Contribute to the maintenance and development of stakeholder contact databases, newsletter, mailing lists, website and social media platforms
• Administration and marketing of the Glow Arts workshop programme including participant registration, enquiries and venue bookings etc.
• Supporting the Glow Arts manager in the marketing of the organisations wider activities.
Glow Arts are ideally looking for a graduate with an arts or community background but someone with another degree, but strong interests in these areas would also be suitable.
You will have strong organisational and administrative skills with some events experience. You will have excellent time management skills and have the ability to work with minimum supervision and be able to use your own initiative. You will be a good problem solver and have flexible working practices.
You will have excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills. You will have experience using social media and developing and editing content for websites. You should have experience of using Mac computers and computer skills across main programmes and applications (for example, Excel and Word). You will also have the ability to support the building of effective working relationships with partners and collaborators across sectors.
The following requirements are desirable:
• Experience of working in arts organisations and/ or projects
• Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of community arts and events.
• Experience of working in a community context.
• Experience of working with Adobe Creative Suite
Closing date for applications is 7 August 2017, 12 noon.
Interviews will be held on 14 August, 2017.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the AAI online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Please confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.APPLY